Babies: 3 - 6 Months

anyone else's LO less interested in eating now?

E used to drain all of his 6 oz. bottles, but for the past couple of weeks it's been a total battle to get him to drink even 5 ounces, sometimes 4. 

i had signed it off to the snottiness he was having, but now that's subsided a little bit (not 100%), he's still fighting the bottles.  he'll start off sucking it down, then when i stop to burp him, he's no longer interested.  i tried just not burping him, & he still got disinterested about halfway through.

we started cereal last week, and he's doing fine with it, but of course his real nutrition should be coming from the bottles.

anyone else's LO not eating as much as they used to??  it's starting to stress me out, but he doesn't seem upset or anything.

Re: anyone else's LO less interested in eating now?

• One of my little guys is doing the same thing!  He used to be such a good eater and now he get distracted and won't finish.  It is SO frustrating!  I have no idea what changed.  He has been snotty lately too, so maybe he doesn't feel well.  I think the most confusing part is that he is super hungry before he eats and then he seems full before he is even close to being done. I am sorry that I am no help, but I can feel your stress.
  • Yes, DS2 has only been having 1-2 decent bottles and then every other bottle was 2-3oz tops.  Very frustrating.  Ever since yesterday though he has been eating well again. 
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • iowa, how long did yours do this?
  • DD's been doing this. I think maybe teething? Sometimes she will finish her bottle, but other times she'll take about half of it and then when I try to give her the rest of it, she cries. I know that sometimes sucking while teething can hurt. She's been doing it for about a week or two.
  • We had the same problem with DS and I changed his nipple size and he became a better eater.  Before it would take an hour to finish one bottle. But I also think they are more distracted by their surroundings now.

• Based on what I've read this is pretty typical and may be the cause of the 4 month wakeful.  Baby doesn't eat very well during the day and thus begins waking up hungry at night

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ENevENev member

We're definitely going through this right now. It's such a struggle to get him to eat, especially when he's not tired but it's time to eat! He gets SO distracted and just has no interest.

He's still gaining weight somehow and is so content and sleeps pretty well ... so we're not letting ourselves stress out about it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"