Eco-Friendly Family

GF Meal Plan, week one.

Taco soup with GF cornbread

Burritos and refried beans (gf tortillas for mom)

Soup with GF crackers (Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins) and applesauce

Teriyaki chicken with steamed rice and veggies (I'll make my own sauce if I have to)

GF Penne with meat sauce and steamed veggies

Re: GF Meal Plan, week one.

• That all sounds delicious - and I LOVE nut thins!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

Teriyaki chicken with steamed rice and veggies (I'll make my own sauce if I have to)

I'd be REALLY surprised if you couldn't find GF Teriyaki at a Sprouts or WF...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAlishaRichelle:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

I'd be REALLY surprised if you couldn't find GF Teriyaki at a Sprouts or WF...

I'm sure they have it, but the problem is getting to a Sprouts or WF before the week is out.  If nothing else, I'll just make a soy/honey sauce for this time.  

• Nancy's carries a whole bunch of GF items now.  She just added the line this winter.  Let me know if you want me to look for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagethejennigirl:

Nancy's carries a whole bunch of GF items now.  She just added the line this winter.  Let me know if you want me to look for you.

We actually have a small natural store in town that just expanded.  They now carry bulk foods and have a GF section.  The wife (the owners are a young couple) is a nutritionist, and actually does celiac consultations.  Love. 

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagethejennigirl:

Nancy's carries a whole bunch of GF items now.  She just added the line this winter.  Let me know if you want me to look for you.

We actually have a small natural store in town that just expanded.  They now carry bulk foods and have a GF section.  The wife (the owners are a young couple) is a nutritionist, and actually does celiac consultations.  Love. 

Yay!

• Can I ask? What is GF?
  • imageRubyRed1085:
    Can I ask? What is GF?

Gluten Free.  My mom was just diagnosed with Celiac disease.

• Did you know they make rice pasta that is GF? It's softer so it breaks up more than "regular" pasta but it's an option too. Taste is fine too. DH is picky about everything and didn't really notice.

Don't forget the cheese!!! Wink

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • hello from a lurker.

we're GF, and i'd be pleased to have you come cook at our house this week. that's a great menu, partcularly if you're new to GF! (i missed PPs on this, so i wasn't sure about the backstory.)

ditto PP about GF pasta. i'm not a huge fan of most rice pasta. i prefer the corn/quinoa blends from ancient harvest. SO good, and easy to get on amazon.

GL!

• imagee_b_r:

hello from a lurker.

we're GF, and i'd be pleased to have you come cook at our house this week. that's a great menu, partcularly if you're new to GF! (i missed PPs on this, so i wasn't sure about the backstory.)

ditto PP about GF pasta. i'm not a huge fan of most rice pasta. i prefer the corn/quinoa blends from ancient harvest. SO good, and easy to get on amazon.

GL!

Aww -- thanks!  I'm trying to keep as many "normal" meals as possible, to try to help mom not feel like we're "suffering" by eating the GF substitutions.  I know she's still really frustrated and a wee bit depressed about her new diagnosis (she is also a stage IV cancer survivor, has Rheumatoid arthritis, grave's disease, and now this).  Since she eats dinner almost every evening at our house, I feel like this is one little way I can help her cope with the changes. 

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagee_b_r:

hello from a lurker.

GL!

Aww -- thanks!  I'm trying to keep as many "normal" meals as possible, to try to help mom not feel like we're "suffering" by eating the GF substitutions.  I know she's still really frustrated and a wee bit depressed about her new diagnosis (she is also a stage IV cancer survivor, has Rheumatoid arthritis, grave's disease, and now this).  Since she eats dinner almost every evening at our house, I feel like this is one little way I can help her cope with the changes. 

This is extremely sweet of you. =)

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • imagebabyluv617:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagee_b_r:

hello from a lurker.

GL!

This is extremely sweet of you. =)

If the tables were turned, she would so do this for me.  Mom and I are incredibly close.  She's an amazing, amazing woman.  I've told her that if I can be just like her when I grow up, my world will be perfect.  

And now I'm crying.  

Geeze!

• really, you are your mom sound like you're both lucky to have each other. i was a bit depressed when i first had to go GF. my fabulous DH wnet GF along with me, and it made the WORLD of difference.

you're dead-on with trying to keep as many normal meals as possible. so much great food is naturally GF. for me, it was easiest to start with those things. over time, we got more adventurous and added in things that could be remade as GF.

feel free to PM me any time you want to rant/rave about GF stuff. GL to you and your mom!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"