1st Trimester

Anyone drink Gatorade??

while pregnant? If so, is it okay to drink in moderation? I do not typically drink Gatorade because of the sugar but I bought it for my DD because she has been sick but she will not drink it. So wanted to ask. I did not think there was anything in it really besides sugar and salt. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were or if you knew anything about it. Thanks!

Re: Anyone drink Gatorade??

• Try G2...less calories and a little less sweet but I think they taste really close :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• That's kind of all I have been drinking b/c I have been getting sick and it settles my stomach.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's fine.  I tend to drink more Recharge than Gatorade because it's juice based vs. HFCS based, but I've grabbed Gatorade a few times when I couldn't keep anything down.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, it's fine. No different than drinking koolaid or something though.

If you're going to drink it, you should drink regular gatorate, NOT G2 or any low calorie sports drink. You're supposed to avoid artificial sweetners while pregnant.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I spoke with my doctor about it. Since I have hyperemesis, she said it was fine because I would keep it down and it was both hydration and electrolytes.
  • My Dr. actually recommended it because of my m/s (he said to drink it room temp). I just add some water to it and then its not as sweet. I agree with pp about low calorie ones with artificial sweeteners and avoiding them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All the time. I dilute it a ton so it's not super sweet, and it helps keep me hydrated.
  • haha I hope so, because I've been drinking a lot of it! :)
  • I drink it all the time....but water it down!  It sits better in my stomach than water alone cause of m/s
  • I sometimes mix a bit with water when I can't keep plain water down.

I might be wrong, but I think G2 has artificial sweeteners or something gross in it?  I'd double check before having any (if that matters to you, artificial sweeteners personally gross me out).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am seeing a high risk doc and because of fainting, she said i should be drinking gatorade, and not just water.  So yes it's safe!!
  • imageKelzinBoston:

I might be wrong, but I think G2 has artificial sweeteners or something gross in it?  I'd double check before having any (if that matters to you, artificial sweeteners personally gross me out).

Ditto. If you're watering it down, the calories shouldn't be too bad, and definitely better than using artificial sweeteners.

• I avoid anything with artificial sweeteners, so I would actually choose Gatorade over some of the other sport drinks out there. I drink it when I'm going in for bloodwork (I have a tendency to pass out), if I'm feeling dehydrated or just worked out, etc. Basically it's a good way to get hydrated and some electrolytes in your body when you're running low. I don't drink it all the time, but I do have it occasionally. I have also watered it down when I wanted to get more liquid into my system.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"