Pregnant after a Loss
Options

One friend's response to my pg announcement

"I got a puppy!"

That's it.  No acknowledgment that I just told her I was pregnant.  None at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One friend's response to my pg announcement

• Options

not even "oh cool, I got a puppy" ?

people are weird. I mean, I get that not everyone will necessarily care, but they can at least pretend to be excited for three seconds and say congrats.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    Well, I do love puppies, but that was a pretty effed-up response!  Was she really listening to you?  Is this a good friend of yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol. Wow. That just made me snort. Oops. I am sorry people can be so stupid sometimes!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Hmm

• Options

imagesinisterkat01:
    Well, I do love puppies, but that was a pretty effed-up response!  Was she really listening to you?  Is this a good friend of yours?

Yeah, she's a great friend.  She's one of my bridesmaids in my wedding coming up!  I didn't understand it.  I mean, I know she's TTC, but they've only been trying a few months and have had no losses.  No acknowledgement at all of my announcement kinda hurt.

• Options
    imagelax15bsu:

imagesinisterkat01:

Yeah, she's a great friend.  She's one of my bridesmaids in my wedding coming up!  I didn't understand it.  I mean, I know she's TTC, but they've only been trying a few months and have had no losses.  No acknowledgement at all of my announcement kinda hurt.

ok, as a great friend, she FAILED!!!! miserably. that's not cool. I'm sorry.

• Options
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imagelax15bsu:

imagesinisterkat01:

ok, as a great friend, she FAILED!!!! miserably. that's not cool. I'm sorry.

Eh.  Just another reason to feel like I'm the 'girl who cried wolf' one too many times.  

• Options

And this is why PgAL and TTCAL will always rock.

Why can't we all live in the same state? damn it.

• Options
    imageShellShockedMama:

And this is why PgAL and TTCAL will always rock.

Why can't we all live in the same state? damn it.

I agree!  We all need to be together.  All the time.  You guys are so much better than IRL people.

• Options
    I think I would have had to say something like "that's really exciting, but did you hear what I said?!?!"
  • Options

you could have said, I see your puppy and raise you a embryo!

heheheh

• Options
    imageShellShockedMama:

you could have said, I see your puppy and raise you a embryo!

heheheh

Bwahahahaha!  Very snappy comeback.  I only wish I was quick on responses like that.  Instead, an hour or week later, I come up with the greatest of responses.  Way too late to be effective.

• Options

that's usually my problem, my snappy comebacks are hours later.

not really the definition of snappy, come to think of it.

• Options
    Wow. Not cool.
  • Options

Indifferent

I swear, you must have a sign on your forehead that says "say something stupid to me, please." It happens far too frequently.

• Options
    imagelax15bsu:

imagesinisterkat01:

Wow, I can understand why you would be hurt.  Has there been any tension between you guys lately?  Even if she was having problems with TTC, or god forbid, an m/c that she didn't tell you about it, you would think she would have at least a lukewarm response!  She failed big time.  If I still were interested in keeping her as a friend, I may have to confront her about that.

• Options
    What. The. Fuuuh. That's messed up. I have a few friends that would probably have a similar response. I'm sorry she's sooo dumb. 
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    what ?!?! lol
    In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • Options
    Indifferent Well, I used to have a "friend" like that too, but for some odd reason we just aren't "friends" anymore! Not sure how close you two are, but that is really not the reaction that someone who truly cares for you gives, just sayin.
  • Options
    Stupid friend!! That was pretty lame for her say! but I am soo excited for you :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"