Blended Families
Options

DHs ILs Vent

Yeah that would be my parents, but I wanted to name this to go with the theme du jour.  We are in the unfortunate situation of living with my parents (left our house in MS, moved with them near DC for jobs, can't sell our house, trying to rent it so we can move the eff out of here but I'm close to saying "heck with it!" and defaulting on the mortgage to get out of this freak show).

1.  My mom chain smokes and so we've got all kinds of drainage and stuff going on.  I developed a cough, she gets angry when I cough and says "Well I'm SORRY!" and stomps out of the room....to light up another cigarette.  LOL I didn't even SAY anything, I get that I have to deal with this because I live with them and I don't get to complain cause they're helping us out.  I just COUGHED!!!!  It's like a BAR in here!  Like London Fog!  Seriously.  She smokes like 1.5-2 packs a day, there is HAZE in the air. 

2.  My parents are obsessed with their dogs, they left my wedding early so the dogs wouldn't be lonely.  In addition, we have our two dogs, so four dogs total.  My dad isn't working so he takes care of them during the day and insists on doing a run down on which dogs have done which bathroom function, the consistency, what time it occurred.  It's disgusting.

They won't get their dog fixed cause she'll be "traumatized!" (PS everything makes them traumatized, and I'm surprised they haven't called the ASPCA on me because I don't wait at Petsmart for four hours with my dog while he gets a haircut...cause he's traumatized).  The dog is in heat right now and her Aunt Flo is visiting.  My dad insisted on having a conversation with me and DH about how bad he feels for her because her flow is heavy and she's so embarrassed and went on and on about her bodily functions. G.R.O.S.S.  My DH went downstairs to watch the Olympics with them, and they have three chair-and-a-half's instead of a couch, all three covered in sheets with blood on them.  I scrubbed the kitchen floors today because they were also all nasty.  The dog is asleep in their bed right now.  Not ON their bed....in their bed. Between the sheets.  With them.  This is sooooo embarassing that DH has to deal with my insane family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DHs ILs Vent

• Options

Tell your parents to go to Petsmart and get some doggie diapers to help with the in heat situation.  That shouldn't traumatize the dog too much. 

DH loves you and can hopefully see that this situation is temporary and is dealing with it like you are.  Sending t&p your way for a sell on your house in MS and a buying one in DC.  Hopefully in a few months you and DH will look back on this and laugh!!

• Options

We're staying with my parents as well. We have been blessed in that our house sold last month, but the house we were buying turned out to not be worth the loan (thank god we were denied with all we found) so we have to return to square one in looking. My parents aren't as bad to live with as it sounds yours are, but it is driving me crazy. I think it bothers me more than DH because I didn't enjoy it as a kid/teen either. All the little things grind on me.

And then I get frustrated with DH because we had a great home, I had good friends with kids DS's age to play with and plenty of interviews where we were living when I started looking. Then he decides to move here after only 1 year there and I've had 1 job interview in 6 months of looking. DH is happier here living with my parents, I was happier 1 hour 40 minutes away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"