High-Risk Pregnancy

Dilated at 27 wks

Went to my dr appt today and discovered my cervix is shorter than last week, at 10mm now, and I'm dilated 1cm. I know I have read on here before from some of you that you are already dilated. Anyone dilated at or around 27? If so, did you make it pretty far past that?

I do realize everyone is different... but just thought I would ask. 

Re: Dilated at 27 wks

• I was dilated 2 cm and had a bulging bag at 22 wks. I had an emergency cerclage and thank God its worked for me I am now 28 wks. Although you maybe to far along for a cerclage but so was I. For me it was a 50-50 chance with or without the cerclage but I am glad I went through with it. I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without having it done. I wish you and your LO the best. I'll keep you in my prayers. The good thing is that your way passed the 24 wk mark. Hang in there!
  • At my 28 week appointment my cervix was found to be only 3mm long (90% effaced) and dilated 1cm. I was too far along for a cerclage so I've been on bed rest but it's been holding steady since then and I'm now passed the 31 week mark. They did a fetal fibronectin test and it was positive so they gave me the steriod shots and hospitalized me for 5 days. I'm now taking prometrium suppositories nightly and everything seems to be going good. My ob said she'll let me off bed rest at 34 weeks if I keep holding steady so my fingers are crosed. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not dilated, but my OB did tell me that they have had patients who dilate early on, go on bedrest, and are able to go full-term.  It certainly is scary to hear, but take it easy.  The next 3-5 weeks for you are important ones, so hopefully you can stay pregnant a little while longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They found out I was dilated at 22w5days (less than a cm) and they put me in the hospital for an emergency cerclage.  You might be too late for a cerclage at this point- might be too risky. 

So, what did your docs say?  Were you already doing the prometrium?

GL!  And I will be sending T&P's that you keep LO cooking!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went into PTL at 29 weeks- 1cm dilated, 70-80% effaced and my cervix was less than 1cm. I am now almost 36 weeks and still pregnant. I have made progress within the last few weeks but bedrest and Procardia (for contractions) helped me. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for your stories everyone.It's good to know that it's possible to keep going.

The doctor really didn't say anything new. I've been on bedrest for 6 weeks so he just sent me back home. I didn't have contractions so he wasn't too concerned. When my cervix started shortening at 22 weeks they didn't want to do a cerclage at that point. Even before I got pregnant the peri didn't think a cerclage was relevant in my case... It seems more people have them then not, but I don't suppose it really matters anymore. 

What is prometrium?  I've been taking progesterone.

• Prometrium is progesterone. I am on prometrium and I beleive that is just the name of the medicine, but content of the medicine is the hormone progesterone. Does that help? Maybe do a google search because I had the same question when I started on it and I found some helpful sites.
  • imageCourtneyS24:
    I went into PTL at 29 weeks- 1cm dilated, 70-80% effaced and my cervix was less than 1cm. I am now almost 36 weeks and still pregnant. I have made progress within the last few weeks but bedrest and Procardia (for contractions) helped me. GL!

Did the dr let you off bedrest at 34 weeks, or have you been there the whole time?

• imageDebbieJS77:
    Prometrium is progesterone. I am on prometrium and I beleive that is just the name of the medicine, but content of the medicine is the hormone progesterone. Does that help? Maybe do a google search because I had the same question when I started on it and I found some helpful sites.

Oh ok. I believe the medication bottle says hydro(something)progesterone. So maybe it is the same, or similar.  I just wanted to know if it was something that I would be taking eventually or I should be... 

• I was dialated to 1 cm at 24 weeks with twins.  With hospital bedrest I made it to 29w6d.  
  • I had PTL with DS starting at 24wk. i was 50% and 1cm. i was put on procardia and didn't have any cervical changes until 29wk when i was 50% 2cm. i was put on bedrest after that until 34wk (along with the procardia until 34wk) and effaced to 75% around 32wk and dilated to 3cm at 33wk. at 35wk i was 4cm 75% and delivered at 36wk 1d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"