Georgia Babies

I almost killed a little girl today.

I driving through my neighborhood and this girl  decided to cross the road on her scooter just a few feet in front of me. I was able to stop in time, but if I was going any faster (I was going speed limit) I probably wouldn't have. And we have several speeders that drive through. DH and I have always said someone's going to get killed one of these days because kids are always playing in the middle of the road with no concern or awareness of cars. Is what makes me so mad is the fact that the stupid HOA are too busy citing people with grass that is a tad too long or the bottom of their mailbox isn't painted properly that they don't bother addressing the kids in the streets!!
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: I almost killed a little girl today.

• OMG that is awful!  I can't believe people just let their kids play in road like that- no supervision.  It could have been so much worse!

• OMG how horrific!!!  Where were her parents?!  I know that scared the crap out of you.  Do you guys have speed bumps?  Maybe if the HOA would put those in, it would help.
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG, that happened to my husband yesterday with a dog.    So sorry. That had to be scary.    
  • Scary!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think about that alot in my neighborhood because there are so many kids.  And because I am often one of the speeders b/c one of my kids is screaming in the backseat.  :(   I need to think of this and remember that my baby will stop crying even if I am driving slowly and get home a minute later. 
  • I'm so glad that you were able to stop in time.  That would have been awful.  We have a lot of children in our subdivision and they do play in the streets.  I definitely feel that the parents should teach their children to watch out for cars and to look before crossing the road, but I feel that the biggest problem is the people driving in my subdivision.  The speed limit is 25 but people are constantly speeding and running the stop signs.  It drives me nuts.  We live on the corner and are constantly seeing this.  My dh has actually stopped some of the drivers and asked them to slow down.
  • That is so scary.  I often wonder why parents always leave their children on their own on the roads.  It is a different world we live in these days.
  • That is scary.  People speed on our street all the time and if I'm outside I'll yell at them to slow down...seriously.  What irks me the most is when it's a mom in a mini van.  They should know better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"