Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

8 days PP from my C section

Still feeling like crap, trying to wean myself off the pain pills. I have had to exclusively pump because he down't latch well at ALL...

I love my little man so much and it's all worth it, but I just wanna cry sometimes I get so frustrated with my body.

Thanks goodness for my amazing hubby who helps so much!

Thanks for listening!

Re: 8 days PP from my C section

• Options
    Just take your time.  Don't put any pressure on yourself.  It takes a couple of weeks to even start feeling remotely yourself again.  Glad you have a supportive husband...try to get some rest :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    I'm with you. I don't have latching issues, but I feel where you're coming from. Here's hoping we both feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those first couple weeks of rough. You are recovering from major surgery and trying to care for a NB. I remember that by about 2 weeks after my c section, I was feeling pretty good and off pain meds. Pumping is a pain, but that's great that you are still able to give your LO BM. Just take it easy on yourself and be grateful for having such a wonderful DH.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options

Take it slow with the pain meds, I used them for 2 weeks before I cut back to just ibuprofen. I didn't even feel human until 2 weeks out. By 6 weeks out you will be able to do most/all of what you did before. At 8 weeks I felt 100%. Don't think about your body, give it time to repair. The skin will get tighter but it takes a while, don't be too hard on yourself- you just did something amazing!

You chose a great guy! What would we do without them?

PS: Kudos on the pumping! Every drop of that liquid gold is worth it, IMO!

• Options

Hi Jenn, I am sorry you are feeling bad.  At 8 days PP I still was on pain meds too and I was dealing with a lot of crazy emotions.

I am here if you need to chat.  Call me anytime.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options

It will be 21 days for me tomorrow, and I still have moments where I feel like hell. 

I sitll have the headache from my spinal and epidaural attempts and seriously that was  20 days ago. 

If you need the pain meds, take them.  

Have you talked to a lactation consultant?  This is my 3rd EBF baby and I still had to talk to one about a painful latch issue on one side. She helped so much even just on the phone. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

thanks ladies I really appreciate the kind words and support.

Oh and Rach... yes we need to get together soon!

• Options
    I thought this was for 8 *weeks* PP ... don't beat yourself up so much. you had major surgery!! I didnt start feeling better till like 3 weeks after - and that's bc I really listened to what everyone said and took it super easy those first couple weeks. Hang in there; it will get a lot better.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was on percocet for `2 weeks ( got off due to the concrete poops!), and was on ibuprofen for a month (only had a weeks worth of the 800mg, then took 400mg).  Now I take an occasional 200mg of ibuprofen.  Just this week my abs finally are not sore anymore.  It takes time, so don't rush yourself! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"