Parenting after a Loss

Please read this

First read this post

And then this post

I'm boycotting Graco bc they suck hardcore. I'm even thinking about replacing my travel system bc it's Graco.

Re: Please read this

• This is terrifying. I have that same pnp and DD takes all of her naps in it. How can they say they'ree not meant to be slept in when they market them with bassinet/napper features to be slept in?

Most of our gear is Graco.

• imageLucky428:

I'm even thinking about replacing my travel system bc it's Graco.

Really? That seems very extreme.

After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetiffanylaw06:
    imageLucky428:

I agree, that's a bit much.  The OP in the linked posts is also a bit over the top.  I get that she was scared, and that maybe her product has developed a safety issue, but it seems that it may have gotten that way because she is not using the PNP as it as intended.  Are PNPs marketed for sleeping?  YES.  Are the marketed for sleeping during each moment of sleep for 5 straight months?  NO.  I will still use my Graco PNP when we travel without hesitation.  But, I would never think of having my LO sleep in it full time.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetiffanylaw06:
    imageLucky428:

Purely out of protest bc I'm like that.  I'm pissed at their reaction.  It's BS.  I completely trust the car seat because of federal laws and regulations.  I've never had any issues w/ it.  I just think that their reaction is beyond absurd and I don't want anything to do with the brand. We are talking about babies and they seem to care more about lawsuits.  They suck and will never give them another penny. 

Also, reflux has stained DS's car seat like crazy and I can't clean it no matter what I do.  It'll give me a good excuse to upgrade to a convertible and neither of us like the metro lite anyway.  Stick out tongue

Extreme?  Maybe.  That's your opinion.  But this is so unacceptable, especially when people trust these products with their infants' lives. 

• All I know is that PNP's are marketed to be slept in.  My LO selpt in hers, next to my bed, for her first 2 months.  I also realize that if the matress is at all cushy then there is a chance of suffocation.  Also, it is common knowlege that babies should sleep on their backs (even though mine doesn't).  So maybe she could use a sleep positioner to make sure her LO stays on his back.  In the end I just think that it was horrible of them to try and say that she was using it wrong when they clearly market them for sleeping purposes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok you realize that by replacing your travel system with another brand does absolutely nothing to them right? THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE ORIGINAL TRAVEL SYSTEM! And yes there is an indent on the mattress. I believe there are 3 of them. It's how it folds up. It's on every mattress. I trust mine. I also agree that they aren't meant to be slept in full time and that a sleep positioner may be the answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"