3rd Trimester
Options

Baby shower games: Know any good ones?

Hey Ladies,

We're trying to round up the top 10 best baby shower games -- according to Bumpies. So tell us: What are some of your favorites and why?

Please share your game ideas below.

TIA!

Kaitlin

Re: Baby shower games: Know any good ones?

• Options

For my shower, the hostess got baby pictures from all those that were going to attend.  She scanned them and put everyone's picture on 1 page with a space to write below.  Each guest had to guess who each baby picture belonged to.

Another one, she removed the labels of some baby food cups and had them numbered.  Everyone received a blank sheet with 1-10 (or how many cups there were) and you had to guess what type of baby food each one was.  Peas, Peaches, etc. 

• Options

1) guess mommy's belly size.. items needed.. string or yarn and scissors and have guest cut yarn or string long enough to wrap around mommy's belly.. who ever gets it or is closest wins!

2) guess how many safety pins.. get a jar and fill it up with plastic baby clothes pins and have guest try to guess how many!!

3) Baby alphabet game.. put a-z down the side of the paper and time guest to write down as many baby items they can for each letter.. A=alphabet B=bottle.. etc ... the one that can come up with the most baby word or a word that associates with baby wins!

4) baby scrambler... choose 10-15 baby related items and scramble the spelling .. for instance binky= kniyb

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not really into games, but I did see "The Price is Right" when I was searching today. 

There were common baby items in a basket (lotion, shampoo, creams, wipes, etc) There were 10 items in the basket, and a sheet of paper that listed each item. Under the items you were to guess the price without going over.

I think that would be a pretty cute game to play. 

• Options
    My friend threw me a shower this weekend and one of the games she had was so funny.  She took 5 diapers and placed a chocolate bar inside and microwaved it so it would melt and look like poo and we all had to guess what type of candy bar was insdie the diaper.  It was amazing how some of them did look like poo. 
  • Options

I've seen two recently that I like:

One, name that tune with songs that feature "baby" in the lyrics.  This one only works if your attendees will know the songs you choose.

The other one I really like is where you place some random items on a tray and walk around with and show everyone for like ten seconds, then ask people to remember and name all the items on the tray.  I think it's great because you can gift the items to the mom to be!  

• Options

These are some of my favorites!

The Poopy Diaper Game

Baby Food Taste Test

Baby Pictures Game

Guess The Girth 
    -- I would change the name of that one! LOL

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • Options
    everyone gets a clothes pin when they come in. and the rule is if you see anyone crossing their legs or arms you can take their clothes pin. the one who as the most clothes pins at the end of the shower wins!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just had my shower this past Saturday and one of the games was a bottle chugging contest.  The hostess bought a set of small baby bottles and filled them with juice...contestants had to chug the bottle through the nipple!  First one to finish wins!  Hilarious to watch!!!
  • Options

imageMissal5:
    everyone gets a clothes pin when they come in. and the rule is if you see anyone crossing their legs or arms you can take their clothes pin. the one who as the most clothes pins at the end of the shower wins!

We did this one, but if you say the word "baby" someone can take your pin(s)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"