Parenting after 35

So funny!

So, since the pedi said we could start LO on rice cereal, we went shopping over the weekend. We are in the babyfood aisle and DH looks confused. He tells me later that he thought we were going to give her rice crispies!! I nearly fell out of my chair! Btw-we tried the cereal tonight and she did very, very well! I think it was too watery so I'll use less water next time. How long until we start veggies? I forget what the pedi said.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So funny!

• Lol - that is too funny - I could totally see my DH thinking the same thing! Glad she did so well.
  • snap, crackle, pop!

That is funny. Daddys are so silly sometimes.

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Every pedi gives different instructions, but I'll share what mine recommends.

Start with cereals (mine says oatmeal, most say rice).  Give each cereal for 5 days (to rule out allergies). Once you've tried all the cereals?rice, oatmeal, barley, mixed (I gave wheat)?then move on to the fruits and veggies.  No meats prior to 6 mos.

Again, this is what MY pedi suggests. I know all give different instructions.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Callie was on Rice cereal for one month and then we introduced fruit. She goes back this week for an appt. I cannot get her to eat the veggies, I have tried everything. This just started this weekend
  • imagerobynlesley:

Every pedi gives different instructions, but I'll share what mine recommends.

Start with cereals (mine says oatmeal, most say rice).  Give each cereal for 5 days (to rule out allergies). Once you've tried all the cereals?rice, oatmeal, barley, mixed (I gave wheat)?then move on to the fruits and veggies.  No meats prior to 6 mos.

Again, this is what MY pedi suggests. I know all give different instructions.

This except my pedi said to go to veggies before fruits.  He said if they start with fruits, they might not like veggies.

• imageiluvtom:
    Callie was on Rice cereal for one month and then we introduced fruit. She goes back this week for an appt. I cannot get her to eat the veggies, I have tried everything. This just started this weekend

Sienna started with veggies, then I introduced applesauce & she does not like it. Makes crazy faces. the only way I have gotten her to eat it is mix a small amount into her oatmeal.

• LMAO!  too funny, my DH would have thought the same .... LIke Robyn said, all doctor's are different, mine said to start cereal at 4months (I actually waited 3-4 more weeks, just because) he started with plain rice cereal and then went on to oatmeal.  BTW-DS seemed to like it much more when it's mixed with his formula rather than just plain water.  Afterwards it was fruits and veggies mixed, but go through 3 days straight of the same fruit and/or veggie for allergies...  Now the real fun starts !!  please post pics soon!  :o)
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"