Babies: 3 - 6 Months

lo pulling on ear

so for the past couple of days she has been pulling her ear and rubbing above her ear on both sides and rubbing the back of her head. well today she was putting her finger in her ear and crying and fussy way more than normal so i thought it was an ear infection and took her to urgent care. turns out her ears were fine and she was happy as can be. then when we came home she did it again. finally at 7 pm i held her tight and rocked her with her paci to sleep for the first time all day. she woke up at 945 pm and is now happy but still tugging on her ear and rubbing above it. whats the deal?

Re: lo pulling on ear

• We had the same issue and dr told us too, no ear infection.

She said it could be her teething. But she also said she thinks she wasn't breathing really well. Like stuffed up. She doesn't have a runny nose or anything she just sounds sorta nasally! 

Our dr recommended we prop her up in the bouncer or her carseat to sleep. Since we have done that she sleeps through the night again! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the exact same thing, took LO to urgent care and they said nothing ws wrong. He's still pulling on his ear, I'm not sure what it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Pain can radiate up into LO's ear when they are teething.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS does the same thing.  Pedi explained that when they are teething they feel pain in the general area of their face but can't always pinpoint exactly where it is.  Also, they want to grab onto something and the ear is the most convenient thing.  

Pedi said that if he doesn't get a fever or get more and more irritable it probably isn't ear infection. 

• imagefairychick77:

Pain can radiate up into LO's ear when they are teething.

This

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"