Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Anyone not start potty training yet?

DD turns 2 on Tuesday...but I just had a baby so we haven't started yet. I feel like I am really behind and people keep dropping me hints i need to get going. I just don't know how to start and keep it up. I wish it would just happen over a weekend so we can get past this milestone.

Re: Anyone not start potty training yet?

• Options

I wouldn't worry about what other people think. People can be so rude sometimes! Honestly, we kind of started at 22 mos...but DD was very curious. We just follow her lead. I ask her throughout the day if she wants to sit on the potty, and if she says no I don't worry about it. Some days she will sit three or four times and maybe pee once. Other days she won't sit at all. The pedi told us at our 2yr appt that this method sounded perfect, and that DD will 'get it' when she's ready.

If you really want to do it, you need to make sure your DD is truly ready and that you have the time to devote to it. I know that if DD isn't trained by the time I have #2, I am not going to worry about it b/c there are a lot more important things while taking care of a newborn!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we haven't really started yet but we have a little potty so that she can get used to the idea but i think we're going to wait until the summer when she's almost 2 1/2. my friend waited until then and her dd trained within 2 weeks using the 3 day method. i think it will be easier in a couple of months when it is easier to reason with her. i am hoping she will be done before she starts preschool in the fall.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've had a little potty since she was about 18 months but we've never "enforced" anything with it and have gone with her lead. I'm not worrying and we're going to try it this summer when she's 2.5.
    Married 09*02*06
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I did not start till 2.5.  you have plenty of time!!
  • Options

Ds turns 3 in April and isn't potty trained. Other than having a potty out, some potty books, and doing some occassionl attempts to sit on the potty we haven't done anything.

Don't forget, the average age for a girl to PT is around 3, and a boy is after 3. You are fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We sit on the potty once or twice a day.  Nothing serious yet.  He doesn't show a whole lot of interest so we are waiting until summer when Daddy is home all day, everyday.  So closer to 2.5 years old.
  • Options
    DS is going to be 3 in March, and we haven't started yet.  We have a potty chair, and he has sat on it a couple of times but he isn't ready yet.
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I think DS is completely ready (he will be 2.5 this month), however, I also just had a baby and just do not have the time and energy to devote to it. We started a few months ago but he clearly regressed once I got very pregnant and had DD. I'm not worried about it. I hope to have him potty trained by this summer. good luck.
  • Options
    My goal was to have DD trained before DS was born!! But....she has NO interest!!!! We try our best to encourage the potty but she really does not want anything to so with it! Her words today were, "I like to be stinky" She is age appropriate for all her milestones, above average with her verbal abilities but still no interest in potty!!
  • Options

Haven't started and, to be honest, I'm scared!  Why?  I don't know!  Anyway, DD's doc said not to worry about it until 2 - 2 1/2 (more like 2 1/2)

:-)

• Options
    We have been slowly tackling it and she just turned 3 last month.  She is doing well with the peeing, but not so much with the pooping...baby steps here.  I plan on trying the 3 day thing when it gets a little warmer around here. 
  • Options
    I am not even thinking about it until DS is 2.5.  And then only if he is ready.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    we're starting this weekend, and DS is 2 1/2.  At DS's 2 year pediatrician appointment, she told us to do it 3 months before or 3 months after the new baby.  Any closer to baby's arrival would just be too hard on the toddler. Also, on the wishing it would just happen in a weekend, we are doing the potty train in a day method, hoping for just a weekend.  My MIL swears by it and says she trained all three of her kids this way with no problems. I'll let you know how it goes! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're not even close to starting! DS has zero interest in using the potty.
  • Options

DD isn't potty trained.  Honestly I am waiting till she shows a lot of interest, I think forcing her to now will end up taking a lot longer.  We got her a potty around 16 months, and she has used it a few times, but after having another LO - that sort of got put on the back burner.  Hoping she will show more interest and we can potty train this summer!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"