Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How do you know?

If you have a bump stalker or fb stalker, how do you know? It's not like the websites tell you that someone is looking at your posts/page. I get if someone brings up a previous post that they weren't involved in that you could figure it out, but how do you know otherwise?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you know?

• I have trackers in my blog that show me.  And if someone is stalking me there, I assume I'm being stalked other places that I can easily be traced to.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The slip up and repeat something you posted here.

Back on my days on the Knot, I made a post the day before we left for our destination wedding saying I was ready and my bags were packed, all but my toiletries.

Later that afternoon I got an email from my cake vendor, and he said "I heard you're all packed, everything but your toiletries."

Very, very creepy.

• Loading the player...
  • imagestephm0188:

The slip up and repeat something you posted here.

Back on my days on the Knot, I made a post the day before we left for our destination wedding saying I was ready and my bags were packed, all but my toiletries.

Later that afternoon I got an email from my cake vendor, and he said "I heard you're all packed, everything but your toiletries."

Very, very creepy.

Whoa. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So what does the blog tracker tell you and how do you get one?
  • imageMama Jan:
    imagestephm0188:

Very, very creepy.

Whoa. 

That is creepy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At least I know he saw my scathing review afterward ;)
  • The easiest one is very obvious:

https://feedjit.com/join/

(click on my family blog in sig and scroll down, it's on the bottom right side - if you want to see)

People can opt to have their browser not be tracked, but your initial hit will always be tracked.  My MIL has never opted out and I can see that she checks the blog regularly.

There are other trackers that will tell you where your hits come from (what state), and google analytics will tell you how many hits you get (but not where they come from).  Feedjit is really how I know. 

ETA: this is a better link:  https://feedjit.com/joinjs/ 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageC.P.C.:
    So what does the blog tracker tell you and how do you get one?

This. I have a blog tracker, but all it tells me is where the IP address is from.. so basically I know where the people who look at my blog live, but I don't know exactly who it is.

• I have sitemeter.

This person once confronted me about a post that I had made.  So that's how I knew she was searching my posts.  It was an older post, so I knew that she was either googling them or searching them on here (which I give kudos for because I can't figure out how to conduct a good search on here)

Anyway, I know the city it comes from.  Sitemeter also shows me the link that they clicked to get to my blog.  Someone from her city clicked my blog link in my siggy from a post that I had commented in a few days ago.  

So who knows?  It could be someone who just happened to be in the same city and just happened to be looking at a post on here from a few days ago (I don't know her IP address, that would be weird).  But there's a good chance it was her.  Especially because she admitted that she reads my bump posts.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
  • imageMama Jan:

The easiest one is very obvious:

(click on my family blog in sig and scroll down, it's on the bottom right side - if you want to see)

People can opt to have their browser not be tracked, but your initial hit will always be tracked.  My MIL has never opted out and I can see that she checks the blog regularly.

There are other trackers that will tell you where your hits come from (what state), and google analytics will tell you how many hits you get (but not where they come from).  Feedjit is really how I know. 

Okay I saw myself, but it didn't say my name or anything it just said where I'm from (city), and what link I came from (the bump) ...so again, How do you know who it is if that's all you see? I'm way to curious about this stuff!

• You just have to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

You're not trying to figure it out so that the person you're stalking doesn't figure out that you're stalking her, right?  Smile

• Wait I'm confused? I looked at is and I just see location and where they arrived from. How do you see who the person specifically is?
  • imageC.P.C.:
    Wait I'm confused? I looked at is and I just see location and where they arrived from. How do you see who the person specifically is?

I explained it a little bit in my my reply.

But mainly, not a lot of people read my blog.  So I can usually figure out who it is.  Unless you know their specific IP address, you can't be really sure, but you can usually figure it out.

Also, it does have the internet services provider on there.  So if I know someone who uses comcast in a certain town and someone from that town keeps looking at my blog, and their provider is comcast... there's a good hint that it's them.

Of course, if I don't think they're e-stalking me, I don't care.

Usually I just look at it because it makes me feel good when someone looks at my blog.

• imagepreg_amy:

You just have to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

You're not trying to figure it out so that the person you're stalking doesn't figure out that you're stalking her, right?  Smile

lol..you got me! j/k... no I have a blog (mostly private), and am always wondering who is looking at it if I don't recognize the location. Sometimes I see random locations, and wonder who the hellllll they are.

• Ok cool I see. Part of me wants to know where people that read my blog are coming from like FB or the bump. The other part wants to make sure people like MIL haven't found it. She lives in my hometown tho so there really wouldn't be a way to distinguish her from all of my friends. Thanks for the info tho :)
  • imageKiranie:
    imageMama Jan:

The easiest one is very obvious:

Okay I saw myself, but it didn't say my name or anything it just said where I'm from (city), and what link I came from (the bump) ...so again, How do you know who it is if that's all you see? I'm way to curious about this stuff!

Because this person that I'm referring to is from somewhere special, I don't know anyone else who lives there, and it would be quite a coincidence if someone else there was checking the blog as regularly as the tracker says.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell. Wink 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sfl
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • imageMama Jan:
    imagestephm0188:

Very, very creepy.

eewww...that does creep me out!

Whoa. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMama Jan:
    I have trackers in my blog that show me.  And if someone is stalking me there, I assume I'm being stalked other places that I can easily be traced to.

I had someone from Toronto area who used to read my personal blog several times a day.  Never posted comments, but it creeped me out that she was sometimes 5 times a day on it.  Some days she was the only one reading it.  So I finally posted a "Hi someone from Toronto!" and they stopped reading.

They were originally from the Bump, too.  :::looking around suspiciously::

• my lurker/stalker is like steph's.  slips up and mentions stuff from posts in everyday convo. 
  • This is why I refuse to get involved with Facebook, Twitter, etc.
  • I was totally freaked out because someone in LA was checking my blog multiple times a day and blowing up pictures on it.  This went on for weeks.  It appeared to be a law firm. I considered going private.  Anyway, somehow I figured out it was DH when he was checking the blog at work.  (He is not a lawyer and does not work for a law firm). It was the strangest thing, but we had a good laugh about it. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"