1st Trimester

What is this pain?

I never had this with DS.  Every so often I get this pain, its not really my lower back its more like mid butt cheek.  Sometimes its if I'm sitting too long some times its if I move just wrong sometimes I have no clue but it HURTS
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is this pain?

• Sounds like sciatica.
  • imageJennGK:
    Sounds like sciatica.

I just looked it up, sounds about right.  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • No problem. I've read that pregnancy can trigger it.
  • I have really been having pain like this also- is it in the middle of your tail bone?  Mine is AWFUL sharp pains and sometimes it hurts to walk- I put heat on it at night (you can try heat or ice, heat just works better for me) and I also sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees, which also helps.  GL!
  • Definitely say its sciatic nerve pain. It sucks! I had it with DS after I got off bedrest. The last 3 weeks of my pg I could barely walk b/c of it. And even now if I hold DS to long it comes back by night time. It's already started some with this pg.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Definitely sounds like sciatica to me. I already get it from time to time pre-pregnancy, so I'm definitely worried it will become a major problem later on!
  • Yep, sciatica.  I get it too, usually toward the end of the day, and if I have done a lot of walking.

I have had hip problems since I was a teen so I was expecting it.  I am starting yoga this week, and I am hoping that will help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"