TTC after 35

It's Virtual Summer in the Virtual Bar!!!

Hi, Girlies!

Don't get me wrong, I like winter. But really, I'm so done!

Betcha never noticed the swimming pool in here before! Do you like the tile from Spain?

And how nice of Jimmy Buffett to stop by to serenade us AND make margharitas!

There's also mah-tais, pina coladas, mojitos, rum runners, and every other fruity, tropical beverage/summery wine known to woman kind.

Drink price: What are you most looking forward to doing when the weather gets warm?

Me: Digging in the garden. Floating down the river in an inner tube. Going outside without 47 layers.

Re: It's Virtual Summer in the Virtual Bar!!!

• I thought it was starting to feel warmer and more tropical in here!  (Or is that the space heater I have blaring on me?)

Bring on a strawberry daiquiri!  Mmmmmmm!   I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can get some outdoor exercise.  This gym thing just isn't working for me---I'd much rather be outside.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Girl...I have sooooooo had it with this winter.  We don't have that much snow today, but it's absolutely brutal outside.  Thanks for opening up the bar.

When we thaw out, I look forward to playing in the dirt (garden) and taking my dog on some nice long walks and to the dog park.  Poor guy has been cooped up way too long.

That said, I'd like Mr. Buffet to make me a margarita between his sets...traditional, no salt, please.

• Loading the player...
  • I am soooo agreeing with Stunella in looking forward to being able to exercise outside!  Getting sooo bored with the treadmill in the basement.

Don't ya mid-Atlantic/NE girls love this blowing snow & lovely white out conditions? 

BTW, I will have a frozen margarita with salt to keep up the tropical theme!

• Oh, Girls, I am SO SO SO bored with the gym! Even the Magic  Treadmill that allows me to watch HGTV doesn't compare to a bike ride...

• I would love a pina colada with fresh pineapple and shaved coconut, thank you very much and can you send it over with that really cute waiter over there?!?!?!  No.No.  THAT one!  

I am looking forward to starting my triathlon training.  I am going to compete in a my first sprint triathlon in June.... wish me luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fee:  I can't wait for boating season to return.

Drink: I swore off alcohol for Lent but...I'll take a virtual mai-tai

• ::moves along to parrot music::  I would love a frozen mango daquarri.  Thank you very much.  I am looking forward to not wearing socks for awhile!!
  • Ohhh ladies this sounds FANTASTIC today!  I am counting the seconds until spring's arrival.  I can't wait to open the windows and let that wonderfully scented fresh air flow in!!!!!  I look forward to getting a tan and wearing flowy skirts and flip flops, I can't wait to hear the birds chirping in the trees and all the neighbourhood kids out playing as their laughter fills the street.......ahhh spring..........

okay......who is serving the drinks?  I would love a super minty mojito right about now!  Cool and refreshing.......yummy!  While I am up, who needs a refill?!  Crank that tune-age!!!!!!!!!!  I feel dancing feet coming on!  Heather?  Up on your feet with me girl!!!!!!

What a perfect Friday!!!!!!!

• It was actually sunny with blue skies this morning where I am (now it is gray Sad)  That little taste of sunshine made me sooo in the mood for virtual summer!

I am looking forward to going to the beach without mittens and gloves! (I miss my flip flops desperately. . . )

I would like a Cape Coddah' (as we say here) with a lime, please. . . I will be the one sitting at the table on the deck overlooking the ocean. . . I feel warmer already. . .

• Pina colada please, yummy!

Fee: Digging around in my garden, sandels, walking the dog on a nice day! I love warm weather!

• Yay!  Love spring!  Looking forward to trying on my clothes and getting rid of things that are too big and fitting back into things that were too small (but I kept anyway), riding my bicycle outside & not having to wear a COAT everywhere!

I'll take a raspberry margharita, rimmed with sugar ( I know that since it is virtual it will taste just like it was made at Chi-Chi's years ago and that reminds me of raspberry hubba-bubba bubble gum that I used to chew in jr. high... YUMMY!)

And, is that "Fins" I hear playing?  I've got my parrot-head outfit on as we speak (type)......

• Ahhhh...I feel the sun (as long as I don't look out my real window!).  Wow that feels nice.  I can't wait for it to be warm so that I can take long walks outside through all of the DC neighborhoods and sit up on my roof and read.  Of course, my other favorite thing is outdoor bbqs (jimmy buffet in teh background works just fine) with some roof-top dancing while we're mixing drinks. 

I think pp had it right...I want a fresh pina colada please with some yummy, juices dripping down my glass pineapple!  Please make sure mine has an umbrella!

Did anyone see my sunglasses?  Man it's bright out here! 

TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you knew how hot it got here you would be so, so happy with winter.  LOL  But, I like summer when there's a pool to cool off in.  Love the Spanish tiles!  Can I have one of these: Strawberry Cheese Cake - Vodka, Cheesecake Syrup, Strawberry Syrup, Vanilla Schnapps, Cream

Since we only have another month of "inclement weather", I'd say I am looking forward to moving into our new home and making a garden of my own.  

• Not to make anyone jealous, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones living here in Florida. Although I have to say, even for us this winter has been A LOT colder than usual. Today it was in the 40's this morning- for me that's FREEZING!

Can I get a mango daquiri please?

Fee: What I'm waiting for this summer is being on vacation! That's one of my favorite things about being a teacher. Big Smile

• I could use a mai-tai and a rum runner back up!  I am looking forward to lounging by the pool this summer...big pregnant belly and all!  (I am being forever optimistic!)
  • Drink charge - Im looking forward to going to the beach again.

I will have a margarita.  Make that three margaritas. 

• Gardening! Looking out the window and seeing bright flowers around our patio. Leaving the screen door open. Wearing sandals with cute toenail polish. Taking DD for long walks in the stroller. We bought a small cabin and I'm looking forward to our first summer using it--floating in the lake under the warm sun and making happy memories.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • REDSOX????  I HAVE to tell you that I can just hear your accent right through my computer screen!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE that New England accent!  It is the best accent in the whole world!!!!!  I dated a guy from RI and it warms my heart when I hear it!!!!!  Sorry to go so off topic here in the "Tropical Room"!!!!! 
  • imagelisa&laird:
    REDSOX????  I HAVE to tell you that I can just hear your accent right through my computer screen!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE that New England accent!  It is the best accent in the whole world!!!!!  I dated a guy from RI and it warms my heart when I hear it!!!!!  Sorry to go so off topic here in the "Tropical Room"!!!!! 

You ah' too funny!  It seems like most people hate our accent.  What can I do?  I'm a fourth generation Bostonian!  Also, all my students have very strong accents, so that is all I hear all day.  It certainly is a conversation piece when I travel, people always recognize it!  Hope you had fun at the virtual bah' yesterday. . .

• I am recovering from drinking way too much wine last night. I hosted a Happy Hour in my kitchen and now I am tired!

Drink price: What are you most looking forward to doing when the weather gets warm? I can't wait to sit outside on my patio, go to the pool, and take walks with my goofy dog! I am ready to see my spring flowers instead of all of this snow!

• Girls, that was one fun time in the tropical bar!

I'm so, so jazzed for warm weather! And I'm stealing all of your "celebrate summer" ideas as soon as it is warm enough to do so.

Thanks for the great imagery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"