Multiples
Options

CDs and Twins

I plan to use disposables until the babies umbilical cords fall off and if they are boys, wait until their circ. is healed. So, I use prefolds and covers during the day with DS and BGs at night for him. How many covers do you recommend to purchase for twins? Also, does anyone use the BG's pockets at night time for their newborns (once they sleep through the night obviously!!) How many should I have of those for when they begin to sleep through the night. I usually wash every couple of days (I know it will probably be more with three in CDs!). Thanks ladies.

Also, does anyone have three babies/cribs in one room? We will have to put the twins in DS' room until we plan to move (who knows when!) and I don't know how to organize my CDs. I may use a canvas crate for each size in the closet and keep the covers in a separate one also. Any suggestions or advice for organization? Thanks again so much!

Re: CDs and Twins

• Options

I don't know if you post on The eco friendly family board- but there are some twin mommas that CD over there.

I am going to but obviously haven't started yet.  We have about 18 covers. Thirsties, Thirsties Duo, Bummis, and proraps.

I would think you would want at least a dozen BG's.  We have our CD's organized in cloth bins and then I also hung some small toy holder- ya know the mesh tube things- to store covers and cloth wipes...They were $1 at Ikea.

HTH

• Options
    I have 68 small and xsmall AIO's.  I think that it should last me about 3 days so I can do laundry every other day.   I was told to budget for 12 diapers per day per infant. 
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am using prefolds and covers right now. I have 6 covers and that seems to be pretty good. I don't wash the covers unless they have poo on them or if they start to smell like pee. The BG's won't work until the babies are about 10 or so lbs. I would have enough night time diapers so that you can do laundry every 3 or so days. (just in case you don't get them out of the washer/dryer as soon as you think you will. as you well know, things don't always go as planned) I don't wash any more with 3 as I did with 1. My loads are just bigger now. I wll try to post more later, but my son is crying. If you have a question, just let me know or as on the eco friendly board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"