South Florida Babies

AW DH and need Ideas

DH has taken over the house projects and I'm just so proud of him.  Before the BFP and closing, we had so many plans for the house and I was 100% involved.  But, since the BFP, he wants me to take it easy and not worry about the house b/c I had a lot of anxiety about that and the pregnancy.  So, he asked me to let him handle everything which is kind of hard for me to do because I LOVE house projects and being involved.  But, it's been really nice not to have to worry about budget, timeline, shopping for materials, researching, etc.  He does all of that, but then involves me in making the choices.  For example, yesterday, he brought me some tile samples so I could choose the one I like.  It works out because I know nothing about pregnancies, so I can spend time researching that and it doesn't help that I'm sleepy all the time.  The one time he took me tile shopping, I got tired after 2 stores, lol. 

So, the only thing I had asked of him was that I wanted to move in less than a month from the closing date and it looks like that's going to be a reality!  Yay!  The workers have knocked down walls, removed all the tile, reinstalled and sealed doors that were improperly installed by previous homeowners, today they're installing a new door, and the house should be retiled by next week!  The rest of the projects we'll do little by little after we move in.  The house is a bit of a fixer upper, but has sooooo much potential.  Well, I would love to do something special for him once we're settled in, but have no ideas right now.  Any suggestions?

Re: AW DH and need Ideas

• Congrats on the progress!  Working on the house is stressful, so that is nice Dh took you out of the loop.

As for something special, perhaps a very nice romantic dinner for your first meal in the house and prepare all his favorite dishes!  Or perhaps there is something he wants to add to the house that is too much so he decided on the more economical version (ie, chandelier, mirror for bathroom), and suprise him w/ his favorite!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree with Jackie...is there a flat screen he's been admiring from afar, or a cool surround sound system that he would love to have?
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the ideas.  The house NEEDS a lot of work, furniture, etc. So, I'm going to have to see what is it that he wants the most.  But, definitely, the romantic dinner is a must!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"