Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I suck

I have really slacked on being a good wife and homemaker since DD was born.  I used to have set chores everyday and now I am lucky to get one load of laundry done.  I used to make dinner every night and now I am lucky to do it a night or two a week.  Mostly because we take a family walk or I play with DD starting at 5 until it is time to start her bedtime routine at 7.  When would I make dinner?  Oh, and let's not even go to "sexy time."  We have a couple of times but we have to use condoms right now until I start my PPP and DH hates them which kills the mood for me (even though I was kinda "happy" with things the other night).

Does anyone else experience this as well?  Any tips?  How to clean the house with a very clingy two month old?  How to have dinner ready and waiting before our bedtime routine (crockpot ideas, etc.)?  And am I the only one having trouble with sexy time?  And, OMG when will I have my PPP?  I am FF'ing now so I am hoping it will start soon and I can get my pills started. 

Anyway, just needed to vent.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I suck

• Options

I've slacked on housework and cleaning since Nathaniel was born too. It happens. The house gets clean when it gets clean and if it doesn't happen on a daily basis, then oh well.

The best way I've found to clean with a clingy baby is the Moby. I don't know if you have one, but there are days when I wouldn't get ANYTHING done without it. Same goes for making dinner before putting the baby to bed- MOBY.

As for sexy time, we have really cut back too.  Pre-baby, we were 1-2 times a week and now we're down to once every few weeks. I think as we start to get into a more established routine, that will eventually pick back up as well!

• Options

dont get down on yourself! spending time with DS is the most important thing now. who cares about housework when he is only going to be little for a small amount of time.

i do laundry on the weekend, crock pot enough to have leftovers for the next night and give DH a handjob once a week if my arm is not too tired from holding baby all day! 

I'm sure you are doing a great job :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sorry- you have a Darling Daughter!
  • Options

I do have a Moby!  That's an idea.  I tried "wearing" her the other day and was able to vacuum but I wasn't sure how to cook with her in it (by a hot stove) and how to; carry the laundry basket up the steps, how to clean the bathrooms with the chemicals and all and of course there is the ol' litter box! 

Maybe I will try it again tomorrow.  I am bound and determined to get chores done!!

• Options
    imagenicasm:

dont get down on yourself! spending time with DS is the most important thing now. who cares about housework when he is only going to be little for a small amount of time.

i do laundry on the weekend, crock pot enough to have leftovers for the next night and give DH a handjob once a week if my arm is not too tired from holding baby all day! 

I'm sure you are doing a great job :)

HAHA!  That's awesome.  I don't want to show this to DH.  I get enough of a workout with carrying DD around!  Although it may not take too long right now...haha!

• Options
    housework? laundry? cooking? what is all that stuff???
  • Options
    Yes
    imagejkylie:
    housework? laundry? cooking? what is all that stuff???
    Yes this
  • Options
    I haven't really cooked since DD was born but that's mostly because DH is working 2nd shift right now, so there's not really a point to just cook for myself. As far as cleaning goes, I definitely recommend the Moby. It's the only way I get anything done! Otherwise, I try to do a little bit around the house after DD goes to sleep at night.
  • Options
    Well, I clean quickly when LO takes naps in his carseat.  I do laundry mostly on the weekends when DH is home to help.  My LO is not thrilled with the Moby so we try the front pack sometimes to get things done but it hurts my back.  The crockpot is my best friend.  My DH is very self-sufficient so he is happy when dinner is done but can certainly feed himself also.  I have had 1 PPP and have been on the pill since my PP dr appt.  Sexy-time is not in our agenda.  We go to bed at different times and we both need all the sleep we can get.  He's yet to complain so I guess I'm just lucky there.  Sounds like you are doing fine.  I think DH can understand all the things you are trying to juggle right now, including a new LO.  Hang in there! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"