Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If I wanted to cloth diaper overnight

What would I buy?  Someone said something about a hemp liner and wool cover?  I need brand names and websites, please!  I have not a clue about CDing but am willing to try it to stop the midnight sheet and pajama changes.

Re: If I wanted to cloth diaper overnight

• Options

Here is the link for the diapers:

https://hyenacart.com/BubuBebe/

and the link for wool cover (I prefer Aristocrats):

https://www.nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=67

And as far as the liners/doublers:  any will work fine.  We have a few hemp liners but also use the doubler that comes with our other CD's when we are out of those.

As a side note though, the washing of the wool cover takes a little more time since it cannot be thrown into the washing machine and requires wool wash - but there is nothing like wool so I highly recommend it.

• Options
    no hemp or wool here..we just use BG diapers (and have for over 13 months). We have the 3.0 all in ones, and use both the thick & thin insert and she has never leaked through.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't cd anymore, but when we did our go-to overnight diaper was the Bumgenius 3.0 stuffed with the large insert on top and super-do insert on bottom.  Not one leak overnight.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageangelynn8411:
    no hemp or wool here..we just use BG diapers (and have for over 13 months). We have the 3.0 all in ones, and use both the thick & thin insert and she has never leaked through.

We used to use BG 3.0 for overnight but started having frequent leaking - so I wouldn't say they are the absolute answer.  Our current setup is impenetrable to any leaking - I'll put $$ on it:)  The BGs work fine during the day though. 

• Options

imageangelynn8411:

My DS always leaks through those overnight Sad  We use kissaluvs fitted with the kissaluvs wool lovers diaper cover. No leaks so far! Oh, and an extra insert, just in case.

• Options
    BGs leak for us overnight and sometimes during the day, too - DD has skinny legs, so they gap a bit around the legs. I really like thirsties covers - they hold everything in and fit better around her legs. It's hard to recommend something that will for-sure work for you, since it depends on the size and shape of your LO - the key is getting a good fit. One thing you might try - jillians drawers has a great almost-free trial where you can try out several different styles of cloth and see what works for you: https://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10/tryclothfor10
  • Options

Honestly, I love CDing. Love it.

But I only CD during the day. I can't do it at night (DD is a heavy wetter).

• Options
    imageSunny1inTucson:

Honestly, I love CDing. Love it.

But I only CD during the day. I can't do it at night (DD is a heavy wetter).

This exactly. We use one disposable per day and that's the one for overnight use. He is a SUPER heavy wetter neededing a larger size overnight disposable plus a diaper doubler to keep from leaking.

• Options

We cloth diaper and LOVE it overnight.

Ella is a very heavy wetter, so we use the AppleCheeks CD's and a Motherease Stay-Dry Liner and have not had a problem.

https://usshop.motherease.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=20&cat=Sandy%27s+Absorbent+Liners

• Options

imageangelynn8411:

This is what we do. And you could even add another small insert or even 2 large ones if you have a really heavy wetter. DD has never leaked through hers!

• Options
    I think its amazing that there are toddlers who go all night with just a BG with microfiber.We use BGs overnight, but stuff with artsyfartsyfoofoo hemp and a blueberry MF/hemp combo insert.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"