Success after IF
Options

Baby food making question.

So since my LO will be eating solids in a month or so, I made some sweet potato and butternut squash today to freeze. The butternut squash came out fairly smooth but the sweet potatoes came out 98% smooth with tiny bits (about half the size of a pea) in it. Is that ok or should I put it through a fine strainer? I'm just not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if Stage 1 foods are supposed to be 100% smooth. I used the Magic Bullet, btw.
TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Baby food making question.

• Options
    Are the bits very soft?  Or are they undercooked?  I've had a few things that I didn't cook quite enough have some 'harder' bits in it (I think carrots I didn't steam quite long enough)... if it's that then push it through the strainer.  If they're nice and soft, don't worry about it :)
  • Options
    They are definitely soft, it's just that the Magic Bullet didn't get to them I guess.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For starting off I wiuld want them completely smooth.  Try using a food mill.  Wordked great for me.  The first foods I tried were sweet potatoes, avocados and bananas.  Nico had an allergic reaction to squash until he was much older.   Have fun making the food....it's so fun!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • Options
    In the beginning, they should really be 100% smooth. Even small chunks can make them gag. We always have used a food processor. However if they are soft, you may be able to smash them up with a spoon if they cause problems.
  • Options
    When we were just starting solids, DD would gag if there were chunks of any kind in her food (even very small chunks). I would try to get it completely smooth to start out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have always just used a potato masher for sweet potatoes.  If the potatoes are cooked long enough, there shouldn't really be any non-soft parts.  
  • Options
    Thanks girls. I'm going to go ahead and put them through a fine strainer, and try the food processor next time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"