Special Needs
Options

Intro.

I'm just doing a quick intro as I feel that I need to frequent this board more than any other ones. My two oldest sons (Ages 3 and 5) have autism and while I dont have time to go into too many detail right now, I just wanted to introduce myself so you guys dont think I'm just lurking or dont belong here. Thanks :)

Re: Intro.

• Options
    hello and welcome! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome! As you have probably seen, there are many moms here that have children with ASD, me included! I have a 3, soon to be 4 year old with autism.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, the ladies here are wonderful!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

welcome. :)

p.s. congrats on your baby girl- she's beautiful!

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • Options

Thank you ladies :)) Its great to feel welcomed. My two boys have autism,but are on different sides of the spectrum. It's good to find a place where other moms understand each other and dont take anything for granted. My daughter who is 2 months old already has WAY better eye contact than my 3 year old, and while I feel VERY blessed to have her, I cant help but feel guilty and scared at the same time. I have a lot of faith, but I cant help but freak out over the thought of having her also become autistic. I've never known what it was like to have a "normal" child and while all signs point to her being "normal" I guess i'm just too paranoid. Its great that you ladies can understand that and I can vent about that here. :)

• Options
    imageGlendi:

welcome. :)

p.s. congrats on your baby girl- she's beautiful!

Thank you so much!! Your little girls are just gorgeous!

• Options
    Welcome! Hopefully you will feel this is a wonderful place you can come for multiple reasons..... hope to see you around!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hello and welcome.  There are a lot of mom on here who has a child/children with autism.  Including myself. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"