Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 weeks post c-section:

How are you feeling? Do me a favor: feel your belly just above the incision. Does it feel bumpy/hard there? Are you still achy, uncomfortable pulling in that area? And lastly, what in the heck are you wearing? My jeans are killing me still!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 weeks post c-section:

• uhh jeans for me were nonexistent till about 3 mos pp.  I wore yoga pants that went above my incision.  You probably won't feel yourself for a couple of weeks so don't push it....and your incision is going to be uncomfortable for a while too.  Mine is hard to the touch now...I don't remember what it was like at 2 weeks pp...sorry I can't help with that.  I will tell you that up until around four months pp I still had some uncomfortableness in the incision...so at two weeks it is definitely normal. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • imagerosesandpeonies:
    uhh jeans for me were nonexistent till about 3 mos pp.  I wore yoga pants that went above my incision.  You probably won't feel yourself for a couple of weeks so don't push it....and your incision is going to be uncomfortable for a while too.  Mine is hard to the touch now...I don't remember what it was like at 2 weeks pp...sorry I can't help with that.  I will tell you that up until around four months pp I still had some uncomfortableness in the incision...so at two weeks it is definitely normal. 
    Thanks for your answer. I guess this means I need to go get some more presentable sweats... :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imagerosesandpeonies:
    uhh jeans for me were nonexistent till about 3 mos pp.  I wore yoga pants that went above my incision.  You probably won't feel yourself for a couple of weeks so don't push it....and your incision is going to be uncomfortable for a while too.  Mine is hard to the touch now...I don't remember what it was like at 2 weeks pp...sorry I can't help with that.  I will tell you that up until around four months pp I still had some uncomfortableness in the incision...so at two weeks it is definitely normal. 
    Thanks for your answer. I guess this means I need to go get some more presentable sweats... :)
      Yeah...get comfortable stuff...don't put pressure on yourself to get in your jeans :)  If you really feel like there is something wrong with your incision of course call your dr., but its going to go through phases...I had points where it was annoying...then really itchy...etc., etc. Now it feels pretty good...still gets itchy once in a while.  It really takes a year for all that to heal completely. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I am 1 month out and still have some discomfort. Right above it is still either numb or sensitive to the touch. The nerves are just now starting to work again, and it feels a bit achey. I also have a part that pulls and is painfull when I use that side to sit up or lift my leg. It takes time to heal, so be careful when sitting up or lifting anything.
    Effing crazy people.
  • I'm 4 weeks post-op. Still feels bumpy, still achey and uncomfortable, and jeans still hurt. :)
  • my incision has basically felt fine since the beginning. as for jeans....i've only worn my pregnancy jeans w/the belly band part folded over. most of the time i'm still wearing a sweat suit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I will be 3 weeks tomorrow, and my incision is still tender to the touch.  Just above it it is still numb.  Mine is super itchy and was driving me nuts the other night. 

I haven't tried jeans because I'm happy in my yoga pants and sweats.  I may not be the prettiest, but I'm just happy when I have 3 minutes to change out of my jammies.

• The hardness is probably the inner incision. I was definitely achy- sometimes, I still am, if I do too much. And I am still leaving in sweats, track pants, and yoga pants- until I have to wear something else. Also, I bought super-high granny panties to wear until the outter incision healed up. Having anything rub on it was killer...
  • 3 weeks and some days here, and yes it's still bumpy and hard in some places.  I still get occasional tugging and pulling pains.  I've suffered through wearing jeans for the past week or so...I'm just not comfortable being out in public in cloth/fleece pants.
  • imageTXTwisterBabe:
    3 weeks and some days here, and yes it's still bumpy and hard in some places.  I still get occasional tugging and pulling pains.  I've suffered through wearing jeans for the past week or so...I'm just not comfortable being out in public in cloth/fleece pants.
    You are such a rock star.
  • I am 3 weeks post c-section this tuesday and I am still very numb above my incision, with a lot of achiness and tenderness to my incision on the inside.  I have worn my maternity jeans twice since my surgery but mostly live in comfy yoga pants!  It still hurts to sit up when laying down for a while and occasionally will feel some throbbing on the inside which my doctor explains that it means the scar tissue if forming and I am healing!  I have been very lucky with my recovery so far.  I gained a total of 30 pounds and at my 2 week check up to check my incision my doctor informed me that I have lost 26 pounds since my delivery!!!
  • I'm 5+ weeks post csection, and only within the last week have my abs stopped being sore.  I've been wearing PJs and yoga pants at home and high-rise maternity jeans out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"