Babies: 9 - 12 Months

RP: lo pulling on ear

so for the past couple of days she has been pulling her ear and rubbing above her ear on both sides and rubbing the back of her head. well today she was putting her finger in her ear and crying and fussy way more than normal so i thought it was an ear infection and took her to urgent care. turns out her ears were fine and she was happy as can be. then when we came home she did it again. finally at 7 pm i held her tight and rocked her with her paci to sleep for the first time all day. she woke up at 945 pm and is now happy but still tugging on her ear and rubbing above it. whats the deal?

Re: RP: lo pulling on ear

• Teething? Ds has 4 teeth coming in right now and has been pulling on his ears for weeks.
    <Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • hmmm...possibly  it would make since but no teeth yet but lots  and lots of drool and chewing on everything! so maybe . thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Its normally a "disengagement" cue; they want to calm down, change activities.  For us, it usually is one of the first sleep cues.
  • Does she have a fever or any other sings of sickness? E just had an ear infection and she was doing this, but she had a fever and was overall sick, stuffy, and miserable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter does this when she is tired.  rubs her hair, rubs her ears, back of her head.  She usually cries and is very cranky too....this all happens when she is tired.  Could be that, or it could be the teething idea.  My dd was a mess for a few weeks and I couldn't figure it out...finally she got a tooth and it all made sense.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • DS does this when he's tired. He tugs his ears, rubs the back of his head, tugs MY ears etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd put a call into the pedi tomorrow if she's still tugging on her ears and cranky in the morning.  Her ears may be fine, but maybe something else is up. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"