Baby Showers

Diaper Wreaths and Cakes

Hi, Ladies, I am typically over on the Nest, but am hosting a baby shower for a friend in April, so I thought I'd venture on over.

Last year, when I hosted a shower for my sister, I made a diaper cake, and I know that she used the diapers. For the upcoming one, I'd like to create a diaper wreath instead, but am a considering doing a rolled one, instead of one that folds over the wreath for sanitary purposes.

I've been researching them some, and I'm finding that some people do not use the diapers from these creations because they are a bit skeeved out by the fact that the package is opened. How do you feel about this? I do not want to make something that would not be used. I also don't want to ask the mom to be about this because I'd like to keep it a surprise. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Wreaths and Cakes

• I think this all depends on the mom youre throwing the shower for. If she's a really laid back, go with the flow kind of woman who you already know wont be a germ freak that goes nuts if you touch her baby without asking or washing your hands five times, then I would say its fine. But if she is easily peeved about things or is a super germ-aphobe or has been a really uptight "preg-zilla" the whole time shes been pg, I would say no. You probably already know the answer just by knowing your friend.

Personally, I would use it and not have a problem with it or save to use if I ever threw another shower. 

Even if the mom wont use the diapers she might use the arrangement for a shower she throws. I would do it.

• I would personally use it and have no issue with it, but I agree with pp that someone who is a germaphobe might.  I do agree that using the ones that are rolled, instead of folded over would be better, more sanitary.

I guess I always thought the purpose would be to use them, not to reuse just as a decoration.  I mean there are a lot of diapers in there and who doesn't need diapers!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies. I think my friend will use them, but I wanted to see what other people on here would think, too.
  • I would use it without a problem.
  • I see no reason why they wouldn't use the rolled diaper type wreath diapers.  I don't see any difference between that and the rolled diapers on a diaper cake.  However, I can see where there may be some concerned with the folded style, as that does seem a little questionable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"