Breastfeeding
Options

How much do you pump at a time?

How many ounces do you pump at a time, either total or from each breast?  Does it increase as baby gets older and needs more milk at a time? 

Re: How much do you pump at a time?

• Options
    I get about 5-6oz's each time I pump. I pump 3x's daily. My milk supply actually dcreased, which I am not happy about especially b/c my baby refuses to drink anything else. She also does not eat solids, she has no interest in them. She makes up for it at night. She wakes up 3xs a night to nurse- Recycling?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I EP - I just pumped (it had been 3 hours since my last pumping session) and I got 6oz total. I pump about every 2-3 hours throughout the day and get any where from 3.5oz to 6oz, depending on the day. I pump in the middle of the night and get 6-8oz.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you get more now than you did when your LO was younger?
  • Options
    I get about 3oz total and pump every 2 hours sometimes every 3. I EP as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I EP and pump every three hrs during the day. First morning pump I get about 6.5oz and between 2-3oz at each subsequent session. Usually around 12-14oz a day.
  • Options

I pump 3x a day. First thing in the morning I get between 9 and 11 ounces. My mid morning session I get between 6 and 10 ounces. Then right before bed I get between 6 and 10 ounces again. I nurse LO twice a day during the week, maybe more often on the weekends. She is so nosey that it's hard to get her to keep still unless she is ready to sleep.

Sometimes I pump for up to 30 minutes. I have a hands free bra, so I pump when I'm driving or doing homework. I think that's why I'm able to get so much.

• Options

I pump twice a day at work.  My normal output ranges from 4 oz to 9 oz... just depends on the day/session.

And yes, I do pump much more now than I did when my DS was a newborn.

• Options
    I usually pump for 15 minutes, typically just in the morning.  I've been progressively getting more.  I used to get maybe 2 oz, but now I've edged up closer to 4 oz. each time total.
  • Options
    I usually get atleast 10 oz. I pump 3 times at work and try to limit it to 10 minutes per session. I have got 12 oz on a morning pump before after bfing DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"