Is the name Paige dated? — The Bump
Baby Names

Is the name Paige dated?

Dh said it sounds 80's. Thoughts?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers,Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is the name Paige dated?

• A year or two ago I would have said yes, 80s, but I've been seeing it more again for baby girls these days.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I don't think so.  But then I may be biased since I have a 5 year old niece named Paige.Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked with a girl a couple years ago named Paige (she was in her mid to late 20s). I thought it was such a pretty name.

• I wouldn't call it '80s.
  • No, my only association is with the old host of Trading Spaces.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Its NMS, but I wouldnt call it dated. According to this site I use to track popularity (link below), it was #251 in the 80s and #66 in the 90s. As of 2008, it had dropped back down to #88. So I think your DH is officially wrong and here is your proof.

https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=PAIGE&ms=true&sw=f&exact=true

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • I used to think 80s, definitely, but now I hear it more often.

I think it is a very cute name, but unfortunately all of the girls/women I know named Paige are stuck up, so that is what jumps to my mind.

• imageerinms:

I used to think 80s, definitely, but now I hear it more often.

I think it is a very cute name, but unfortunately all of the girls/women I know named Paige are stuck up, so that is what jumps to my mind.

I have a cousin named Paige.  She probably comes across as a little stuck up, except she is just very reserved/quiet.

I think it is possibly being used now by people in the lower SES rungs, though, a la Freakanomics.

• ldooldoo member
    Paige is actually becoming quite popular now, so I wouldn't say it's dated at all.
  • I love this name.  We were planning to use it as a middle name so I hope not.
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    No way! I was born in the 80s and I've never met anyone my age named Paige. I love it!! My best friend is naming her daughter Paige and she's gotten nothing but compliments on it.
  • imo yes- i immediately thought 80s. your dh sounds smarter about names than most guys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards