Attachment Parenting

would you comment on this fb status?

A girl I know's fb status says: "Thanks to the babywise book, Maria slept for 6 hours straight last night! Happy mommy=happy baby!"

Would you comment on this? What would you say? 

ETA: oops! I forgot to add the most important part! Maria is only 10 days old! 

Re: would you comment on this fb status?

• I think it would be HORRIBLE to reply.  You have no idea what went on in their house and to assume they did cio or anything else is not fair.  They are the parents and they get to choose what is best for their baby and their family, boo on you for judging them for their choices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No, what's with people commenting on other people's FB?  You don't agree, so don't do it to your child. 

I am not a fan of CIO that young either (but who says she did CIO?), but I would never comment....never ever. 

If your going to judge someone, do it silently.

• I think I would send her a private message with info on the possible dangers of babywise - but only if she were a pretty close friend.  I wouldn't reply to the status though.
  • thanks for the input everyone, I'm just going to leave it and not say anything.  She's not that close of a friend. 
  • Um, most 10 day old babies don't sleep six hours straight, nor should a mom be pushing a 10 day old to go that far between feedings. Poor baby. I'd probably PM her some articles on the dangers of the babywise feeding schedule and how it can lead to failure to thrive. I'd use a gentle tone though and express an understanding for how hard it can be to get up throughout the night with a new baby.
  • imageelectricdoctor83:

No, what's with people commenting on other people's FB?  You don't agree, so don't do it to your child.

isn't half (or more) the point of FB to comment on other people's lives? Write on their walls? "like" their status updates or picture? 

• imagecindy453:
    imageelectricdoctor83:

No, what's with people commenting on other people's FB?  You don't agree, so don't do it to your child.

isn't half (or more) the point of FB to comment on other people's lives? Write on their walls? "like" their status updates or picture? 

Comment?  yes.  Critique or advise?  No.

Comment would be "Lucky you!"

What the PP (I assume) wanted to say would have been more than an innocent comment.

A public comment on FB is neither the place nor time to offer unsolicited advice to a person that is not really a good friend. 

People often forget that "friends" on FB aren't true friends and shouldn't be treated as such.

• I wouldn't. Not your business. She's not doing anything blatantly wrong (hitting her kid, CIO with a 10 day old) and you'll just sound condescending. For all you know, she just means she has her baby on an eat, play, sleep schedule and baby's a good sleeper.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Ok guys, thanks for your input.  You don't need to respond any more.  I obviously have misunderstood babywise.  no need to beat a head horse!
  • imageleah1615:
    Ok guys, thanks for your input.  You don't need to respond any more.  I obviously have misunderstood babywise.  no need to beat a head horse!

I don't think you misunderstood Babywise. Without the details of their situation it is best not to respond. Of course you asked for no further replies. I just didn't want you to think you misunderstood Babywise.

fwiw, my son slept 4-6 hours within his first ten days. He was ebf. I've just been blessed with two great sleeping babies. 

• And OMG Your little guy is adorable!!
  • imageJulieandBen:
    And OMG Your little guy is adorable!!

thanks! and thanks for your reply, I'm definitely not going to make a comment!

• Her baby, her parenting. Just like you don't want people commenting/judging your style, she's doing what she thinks is best for her family. Not your place to judge or comment. If you disagree, do it differently with your kids.
  • Definitely say something. 10 days old!?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"