New Orleans Babies
Options

Childcare in Mandeville/Covington?

I am looking for childcare in Mandeville/Covington area, there is so many choices...any suggestions?

Re: Childcare in Mandeville/Covington?

• Options
    Do you want in home sitters or an actual day care? What hours are you looking for? How old is little one(s)?
  • Options

I am open to either option. I am due July 23 and will only be taking 6 weeks off work. I called my top 4 day cares yesterday &  they are full.  I had no idea they filled up so fast!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Which places did you call?  We used to take Anna to the one off of Monroe Street - it was Learning Express Academy, I believe.  Anywho, they were bought by someone else, and we pulled her immediately.  They didn't know if they fed her that day - I picked her up and none of her formula had been used.  That's unacceptable, so I pulled her. 

• Options

I have a friend who absolutely loves My Little Sprout--they have a location off of Hwy 21 and the West Causeway Approach.  We toured their facility off of WCA and it was very nice.  For various reasons, we decided that Townhouse Day Care was more suited for us.  We haven't started there yet but we know people who take their children there and they are very impressed.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if either of the above takes babies younger than 3 months.  HTH!

• Options

I know I'm late to this post but you're not due for another couple of months so here's my 2 cents.

What I did was got a # for every daycare I could find.  I used https://carefacility.dss.louisiana.gov/licensing/parish_lic.asp?parish_name=St.+Tammany  they list what each daycare has been cited for.  Then, call and get prices.  I asked what the best time to visit would be but didn't set an appointment.  I like to just pop in and see the normal stuff, but make sure you don't go during nap time.  

Many were over our price budget.  I went to many many daycares and pretty much just walked right out.  My advice is to make sure that no matter how highly you judge/regard someone's opinions, go view for yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"