Breastfeeding
Options

ugh, don't want to sleep in a bra

but I'm waking up to a wet bed... this is probably worse for the mattress than my supply, though, right? 

I hate bras & prefer easy shirtless access at night for nursing. 

Re: ugh, don't want to sleep in a bra

• Options
    I hate sleeping in bras too, especially since I started side-lying nursing in bed. I've been stuffing a cloth diaper in my shirt at night. It's not a perfect solution but it works for the lazy. :P
  • Options
    The other night I wore a tank with a shelf bra and stuck the nursing pads in there. Not perfect, and they did shift, but I didn't have to wear a bra!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sleep in the sports bra looking nursing bra from Target. It's really comfortable to sleep in, I think. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageibis:
    I've been stuffing a cloth diaper in my shirt at night.

I did that more than once in those first few weeks. It works great :-)  I hate wearing bras or any kind of tank top to bed but I do not mind wearing the sleep bra I got at Motherhood.  It is pretty soft and I wear it every once in a while when I need to put lanolin on my nipples at night. 

• Options
    Sleep bras are really comfy... but I just got Lily Padz and might use those from now on... no bra needed :-)
  • Options
    Nursing tanks are great. Super comfy and no wire!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We use small soft flannel changing pads that come in a 2 pack from BRU or Target for over LOs changing pad since they are really easy to change and wash.  When he was smaller and started sleeping longer stretches, I used to just sleep on one.  That way if (when!) I leaked, I just changed the changing pad and my tank top.  It's really not good for your mattress to get wet - it can mildew.

• Options

imagemermer82:
    The other night I wore a tank with a shelf bra and stuck the nursing pads in there. Not perfect, and they did shift, but I didn't have to wear a bra!

I've done this since the moment I got home from the hospital. I've never once slept in a bra. My shirts are specifically nursing tanks so the top comes down just like a nursing bra. I wear cloth nursing pads at night and haven't had an issue with leaking.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate sleeping in anything so I slept on top of a towel.  It never leaked through the towel to the sheet/mattress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"