Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

in law vent

so DH is sick of hearing me vent and really it is not his fault so i should shut it but i still feel it needs one more go round with you ladies

Had FIL over last night (neither DH or I are to hot on him)

So i make garlic bread, lasagna and greek salad

i put dinner on the table and he says -

"you know i dont eat garlic" which i didn't know as he never comes around (falls a bit into the dead beat category)  so he is eating no bread.

then cuts in the the Lasagna and makes gaging noises cause it has that "funny white cheese" he says he cant have it on his plate and takes his plate to the kitchen. 

So with salad left he then said it wasnt very thoughtful for me to put my choice of dressing on the salad and just sat there and ate nothing.  I offered him several other choices that "i would be just more than happy to whip up"  - he refused

Glad we got that over with it only happens about 2 times a year.

end vent. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: in law vent

• Options

Rude.

This makes me happy that my FIL is out of the country for 2 years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow, he sounds super rude.  I'm really sorry.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ew...I am so sorry!

My FIL is a little eccentric but not rude.  And he lives across the county so visits are few and far between.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

not cool! :( I have a FIL who isn't my cup of tea either...the first time he met my mom he told her my dh should be focusing on his career and going to mexico and partying?! wth!

Sorry you had to deal with that!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    omg. what a jerk. next ttime heat up a tv dinner in the microwave and throw it down in front of him. he doesnt deserve mroe than that.
  • Options
    Sorry you had to go through that.   Hope your night gets better!!  
  • Options
    Jerk! Next time go out to eat so he can be rude to the waitstaff and not you!!  Sorry that happened to you.
  • Options

Wow... is he 5 years old?

Sorry you had that reaction after all that hard work. Your dinner sounds yummy to me.  

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    next time there will be two fresh slices of wonder bread with a jar of peanut butter and jelly waiting for him!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow. That is crazy. I'm sorry you had to deal with that!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagebridexcite:
    next time there will be two fresh slices of wonder bread with a jar of peanut butter and jelly waiting for him!

don't forget about cutting the crusts off.  ;)

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    Dude, that suuuuuucks. I have IL issues too. You have my sympathies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what an @ss!  I would've LOVED your dinner :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yikes!!Sorry you had to deal with that. I would guess YH feels a bit guilty that you had to go through that, so he probably doesn't like talking about it.

DH's biological father lives in upstate NY and I've only met him once. His adoptive mom lives about 10 minutes away from us but never comes over since we live on the other side of a river. She has to cross and bridge and pay a $2 toll. We like to say the river is our very own moat! When we want to see her, we meet her out for dinner or something. Then the meal isn't my fault!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Who raised this man? My 4yo neice knows better than to turn her nose up at what is offered to her at someone else's house. And to make gagging noises at the table? Are you kidding me? Next time meet him at a restaurant. Just make sure its not Olive Garden.
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageheatherandscottsawyer:
    Jerk! Next time go out to eat so he can be rude to the waitstaff and not you!!  Sorry that happened to you.

And make him pay!

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"