2nd Trimester
Options

are you putting a bookshelf in your nursery?

my DH says it isn't necessary.  i think it is.

Re: are you putting a bookshelf in your nursery?

• Options
    DS's bookshelf is full.  They get so many keepsakes that you want out of their reach.  I think it is a necessity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have one listed on my reg thats like a magazine rack type thing, and was looking at a normal one to add.. I want the baby to have a lot of books to grow up with so as soon as I choose one he'll be getting it. :)
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!  My Papa Terry made it for my cousin when she was little and my mom has it now.  Since my Papa Terry's gone, I want to use it.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    I'm having DH build one for the family room downstairs.  We have an area that we are going to dedicate as the "play room".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Absolutely!  I teach literature, though, so I HAVE to have a bookshelf for the kiddo.  :)
    J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    We are going to get a small one to put in the nursery.  Probably something from IKEA.  I'm a huge reader and want to fill a bookcase with books for my LO.
  • Options
    We don't have room for one and I'm kind of freaking out. I think books are vital, so if you have them somewhere else in the house for your reading time then great, if not it is definitely necessary...well, easy access storage is. I just read about putting them in bins/baskets on the floor. That could be an option for a smaller nursery as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I had a bookshelf in my room growing up but we have a loft and I want to put a big bookshelf in the loft and have fantasies of having story time there.  If there isn't room you could get a dresser that has a top that is a bookshelf.
  • Options
    Just got one today, it's put together and looks great!!!
  • Options

I deleted the one I posted, because it apparently linked to someone's registry.

Sorry.

• Options

We don't have room in the room to have one on the floor, so we have hung some shelves on the wall.  We will also have shelves in the closet for book and toys. 

As a 2nd grade teacher, I think books are a must in a child's room.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Likely we'll put a three or four shelf one in there, yes.
  • Options
    DH is building one in the nursery but like PPs I am a HUGE reader and teach first grade so this was a must.
  • Options
    Absolutely.  Books are one of the most important things for a child to have, IMO.  I can't wait to read to LO!!
  • Options
    It would probably be useful for storing lots of things besides books... We just got the metal cubes to connect together and put baskets inside.
  • Options
    We filled DS bookshelf and he has an additional one in the playroom. DS#2 will have one in his nursery as well. I could not imagine not having one, each night DS picks his goodnight books out he wants us to read.
  • Options
    DH built one and it is completely full of books and it is DD's fav part of the room. We read every night before bed.
  • Options
    We already have a bookshelf in LO's room and it's so much fun filling it up! DH and I went to half price books and picked out a lot of books that were our favorites when we were kids. We now have so much making trips to books stores and checking out the kids books :) 
  • Options

i don't have space to fit a full book shelf so i plan on hanging 3 of these on the wall:

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DS has tons of books. so I say it's a necessity.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A little one.  We have a playroom we are doing in our basement that will have 3 for LO though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We are definitely having a bookshelf. We already have a ton of books for LO.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We got the ikea expedit bookshelf, but layed it on it's side and since it's a cubed shelf we are using storage cubes in some of the cubes and then leaving the other cubes open. 
  • Options
    Yes, I am a teacher and have tons of children's book and that would be a nice place to put all of them. 
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH just built our today! I love it, its a bit large - but I know it will get filled with books and pictures.  BRU has some really adorable ones which I loved - but it was too tall (we needed long, not tall) But they had ones I loved! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"