Babies: 0 - 3 Months

wiping??

so i just heard and read today that for little girls you dont have to wipe them every time after a pee. (obviously wipe for poos)

anyone else hear this?

i have been wiping at every diaper change but noticed that her bum was getting a little red. I am hoping if i stop wiping after pees this will go away.

Re: wiping??

• I don't wipe her at every pee and so far so good.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I've never seen a pee-only diaper! DD poops a lot!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wipe.. She had urine against her skin and putting a new diaper on doesn't change the fact that her area was rubbing against and exposed to urine..

I would not over wipe just at least once over..

• I wipe about every other pee. We were wiping after every pee in the beginning but ended up with a diaper rash. When we wipe and don't wipe I make sure to always dry off her bottom before putting another diaper on. So far this has worked well for us and her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, I have heard this for boys and girls.  try aquaphor(sp?)...it was great w/ ds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMystery2B:
    I don't wipe her at every pee and so far so good.

same here. I will wipe if she looks really wet, otherwise no wipes. 

M & D - 12/29/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 - D&E - 10/1/10 @ 19w2d - thanatophoric dysplasia confirmed.
    Charlotte Lillian will be forever in our hearts.

Baby #3 - Little Bean - natural miscarriage - 1/17/11 @ 5w5d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • unless it was an overnight diaper, i never wiped pee-only diapers with dd and she never had a rash.
  • My opinion.....I wipe every time, and I wouldn't want to sit in a diaper with urine on my butt. Just use diaper rash cream everytime. Thats what I do and shes never had any redness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do, just so there's no urine residue that sticks to her.  We use Huggies Sensitive wipes, and have never had an issue.  If it's just pee, it's only a quick swipe, not a thorough scrub. 
  • i wipe @ every change...even if its just a once over. i'm not using wipes though. water/washcloth.
  • I always wipe DD, but she's never had a problem with rashes.
  • imageXXLAURAF:

I would wipe.. She had urine against her skin and putting a new diaper on doesn't change the fact that her area was rubbing against and exposed to urine..

I would not over wipe just at least once over..

I do this out of fear of UTI's. I CD, so she doesn't really get a red bum or diaper rash or anything.

• I wipe, but I use something to fan him dry before putting the new diaper on.
  • my DD hasn't had a diaper rash since she was about a week old...I hope I don't jinx myself. I wipe at every pee just because if I don't it stinks to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"