Indiana Babies
Options

more decorating help...

DH is working late, so I'm looking at more nursery ideas! I love the pink/green argyle one in the 10th row of the link but I'm trying to decide what colors to go with...the bedding has light pink, dark pink, yellow, white and light green. What would you do for the 3 wall solid color and for the pattern? I would be good with anything but dark pink as the main color. Thanks for your help ladies!! I keep trying to visualize the combos in my head but can't figure out what would look the best Smile

https://babyroombio.weebly.com/green--pink.html

Re: more decorating help...

• Options

I think I'd go with a light green for the main color and dark pink for the pattern. Or I'd do yellow for the background and light pink for the pattern. I guess it depends on which are the dominant colors in the bedding.  

• Options
    Hard to tell in the pic, but I'd probably pull out a green...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd draw it out on a big piece of paper (maybe even using sample paint colors (I think the Home Depot gives you the little sample cans) and try it out next to the fabric. 

That way you could hand it up on the wall with a fabric sample near it and stand back to get a better idea of what it looks like on the walls.

Whatever colors you choose, I would say stick to mostly lighter colors on the walls unless you just do a single feature wall.  Too much can become too much really quickly.  

It sounds like it will be awesome, though!  Post pics when you're through (or even mid-project, I'd love to see what this looks like, sounds cool).  

• Options
    I'm not a big pink wall fan so I'd go w/ green, but I can't see the pic very well!
  • Options

Those are really great ideas!  We also did those same colors in DD's room with dark pink as the main color and green/lt. green stripes under a white chair rail.  I really loved how ours turned out.  Our bedding sounds similar to yours, too.  Here is how Mady's room turned out.  We have a few more decorations in there now that we've added over the year.

I like the pink argyle that you saw and doing one accent wall.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"