Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

anyone get a staph infection from csection?

So I went for my 2 week check up and my incision was great.. the next day it was itchy and puffy and i just thought it was healing after almost a week I called the doc and went in and he said I had a slight infection inside and he put me on antibiotics.. 4 times a day for a week... I was fine no fever nothing...after a few days if meds today I feel horrible physically weak and chills...I go to the doc tomorrow to check on it..

Anyone have this or similar?

Re: anyone get a staph infection from csection?

• Options
    Wow...yup....w/ number 2..my ds.  Only I had it via my catheter and he had it in his eye.  Ours came from the sopital..ds had symptoms of the infection after 24 hours of being born....they told me I was crazy and that oozig green puss from his eye was normal.  And that the swollen lyph nodes on his head were also normal.  I'm sorry you're going through this..and ill keep you in my prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    o wow thank you.. is it really that bad? should i be more concerned? I hope the antibiotics get rid of it..wonder if they can test my blood to see if it goes away
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mrsa.  I guess it depends on what strain you have.  Our whole family had to go through a de-contamination process..lol.  We had to bath in bleach....one capful per gallon....bactrim in our noses......it was really hard watching my son go through that.  At his age, being a newborn he could only take one antibiotic and if his strain happened to be resistant to it...I dont know what would have happened.  He and I, THANK GOD, did not pass it to my dd who was a little over 1 at the time or dh.  We also had to keep a bottle of hibacleanse(sp?) it's like surgical scrub to wash our hands in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    o gosh that sucks.. he just looked at mine and said cellutitis (sp) a type of staph.. I was like ok... guess he would know
  • Options
    UMM..I dont think there is anyway of him just being able to look at it and tell.  From my understanding all staph looks the same...they have to do a culture of the infection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"