Eco-Friendly Family

what am I doing wrong (CD related)

We have been CDing DS for a little over a month and it seems like the diapers already need to be stripped (which is fine) and they are always stained...is this normal? If it matters, we are using a combo of fitteds and pf's.

We have an HE machine so we prewash in cold, do a hot wash/cold rinse with 2tbs of rockin green with extra water, an extra rinse and spin. We wash every other day.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: what am I doing wrong (CD related)

• fitteds and pfs shouldn't really have to be stripped.  fwiw, I have stripped maybe once or twice in the 21 months and honestly I don't think I really had too.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • They are gong to be stained.  (forgot that part)

what makes you think they need to be stripped?

Your wash routine seems fine. 

47 months &
    11 months
  • Loading the player...
  • are you using detergent in both the cold and hot washes?

Stains just happen, i thought in the beginning they should come out but i've learned since then they don't really except you can sun them out and stuff.  Which I will do if the sun ever comes out from behind this 4 feet of snow!

What makes you think they need to be stripped? 

• Is it just the staining that has you thinking you need to strip or something else, too? 

Poop stains. There really isn't much you can do to prevent it. Just sun them when you can.

FWIW, your wash routine sounds good.   

• imageluvlieK:

They are gong to be stained.  (forgot that part)

what makes you think they need to be stripped?

Your wash routine seems fine. 

We also have 3 AIO's and now that I think of it, it is just those that have an issue. One of them is repelling and he was soaked after about an hour nap the other day (6weeks old shouldn't be soaked through anything after that amount of time). And they don't smell clean and smell like urine as soon as he is wet. They were bought used so maybe I should strip them?

And, OK, as long as staining is normal, I'm over that!

Thanks ladies.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Yea. could be then.  he could soak them too though.  Smaller baby, smaller diaper :o)
    47 months &
    11 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"