Babies: 0 - 3 Months

why can't you mix the formula in the dr brown bottles?

I am stopping breastfeeding and plan to use powder with the dr browns i tried it today and i just shook the bottle and it worked fine i thought

i see below not to do that why?

Re: why can't you mix the formula in the dr brown bottles?

• We just read it on the box. It is also in the FAQ:

Is that a leak?
    Because the Dr. Brown's bottle is fully-vented it allows positive-pressure flow, similar to breastfeeding. This is essential for the baby to feed without having to suck against a vacuum. Under certain conditions the breastmilk or formula can exit through the vent. For example if the liquid is overheated the expanding air inside the bottle pushes the liquid through the vent causing leakage. Or if the bottle is shaken to mix formula, which we do not recommend, the liquid may enter the vent.

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • I do this too. ?Don't know why you can't
  • Loading the player...
  • I always shake.

I read somewhere that if a lot of liquid gets in the vent, to loosen the top and then retighten it and that will let the liquid out of the vent.

• I am just gonna shake before putting the tube thingy in..lol

That will work

• We have been mixing it in the bottles for months.  Just loosen and retighten the top and any liquid in the vent will go down.  I actually do it a couple times while feeding DD b/c liquid seems to get up there anyway.
  • I cant see liquid not getting up there..
  • We have been mixing/shaking in the Dr Brown's bottles since the get go.  No issues here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageXXLAURAF:

I am just gonna shake before putting the tube thingy in..lol

That will work

that's what I do - I use a screw lid that came with my breastpump to cover the bottle. After the formula is mixed, I put the rest of the bottle together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"