High-Risk Pregnancy

gullstone attack..anyone have advice?

i am in so much pain this is my second gallstone attack this pregnancy and ive been hurting 4 a week..i go to the doc next week but they r talking about removing it but i dont want to do that while pregnant anyone dealing with this? do u have any diet tips or suggestions on pain management? thank u

Re: gullstone attack..anyone have advice?

• Ugh - I'm sorry you're going through this while pregnant!  I had mine removed while we were still TTC a couple of years ago.  Mine wasn't associated with food, so I don't have any tips there.  But I did read that laying in a warm bath helps some. 
  • Do you know if your attacks are food related? If it is, consider low carb and low fat foods--start recording what you ate and see if you can identify the triggers, then stay away from them. I got to the point where the only things I could eat was chicken and veggies. Before I got mine out I was told by my doctor that if an attack lasts longer than 45-1 hour you need to get yours out becuase of the damage it could be causing to the ghalbladder, the bile duct, and your liver!!!  
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this sounds crazy but it works....eat a lot of apples. My doc said something about how the malic acid in apples softens the gallstones. I had to have one everyday. And saturated fat definitely makes it so much worse so stay way from it if you can. I had the worst attack ever after I ate tons of peanut butter. Good luck!!!
  • Can anyone tell me what a gallstone/bladder attack feels like? And where does it hurt?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"