Two Under 2
Options

Did you do birthing class, bf class, hospital tour, etc for #2?

I kinda feel like been there done that and it is so recent I don't think I need to bother brushing up on anything.  The contrast between how focused I was on pg #1 versus this one makes me think I might be overlooking something!

Re: Did you do birthing class, bf class, hospital tour, etc for #2?

• Options

I had a section with the first but didn't know it soon enough to skip class.

Even thinking I might go VBAC I didn't plan on another class.

As for BF'ing?  I learned more from my LC's in the hospital than I did from the class I took so I trusted them to guide me thru the start up again. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    No classes before #2.
    I think its perfectly normal to be a lot more focused on your first pg than your second (or more) just b/c you've never done it before and there is a lot to learn and know about your hospital, labor, etc.  For all of us 2u2'ers we haven't had time to forget Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

#2 was breech so I knew I was having a c-section. I heard too late that some hospitals offered c/s classes so I would have taken one of those, but that's it.

• Options

I did a "prenatal refresher" course a few weeks ago, it was just an afternoon class on a Saturday with a doula, and it was great. I am hoping to VBAC so for me, I felt it was definitely worthwhile. Plus, it was nice to spend an afternoon with other soon to be moms of 2.

I am also doing the hospital tour, but only because it is a different hospital than where I delivered with DS.

If it were the same hospital and another section, I wouldn't have done either.

• Options
    We had to do the hospital tour as it's required so I signed up but had DD 2 weeks prior to it =D
  • Options
    nope, we didn't do anything.  I do wish we had toured the hospital, because my OB switched hospitals between #1 and #2 and it would have been nice to see the place before I showed up for my c/s.  But otherwise, I felt the classes were a waste for a second timer.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nope, I thought my experience of going through it once before was much more helpful to me than the class!! :o)
  • Options
    I'll do the hospital tour again, only because they've built a new hospital (thank goodness!  The old one seemed dated).  I'm debating on the bf'ing class, but I think I'd rather talk to a LC/LLL leader one-on-one.
  • Options
    I am not planning on it. I'm at the same hospital that was just renovated before DD so it hasn't changed since my last time there.
  • Options
    I'm not taking any classes and I didn't take any with DD.  I couldn't because I was in the hospital.  Honestly I don't know what I would have gotten out of the classes anyway, all of the staff were so helpful with everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Nope. I didn't do anything but the hospital tour for #1 though.

I DID take a cloth diapering class for #3. I wish that I would have known about this for #1 and #2......

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

We are doing hypnobirthing this time around. I want to have a repeat med-free birth but I need some more coping techniques as basically last time all I did was scream and it was not good.

We're going to do a tour but only becuase we moved and so this isn't the hospital I delivered DS at. Also, he was born in the UK so on an entirely different healthcare system and while I grew up here I really have no idea what maternity care in hospitals here is like at all and want to be prepared. Though, to be honest, we're hoping to deliver in the birth center across the street and not the hospital but I want to tour just so I know what it is like in the event I have to be transferred there. 

• Options
    I didn't do any classes with #2.  I did a handful of classes with #1 and didn't feel like they were even helpful then.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I didn't take a class the second time. I figured, just been there done that, why take a class? i wish I would have taken a refresher. I had learned a lot of natural pain relief methods the firsts time around and I wish I had had a refresher of those. I felt a little out of control during my labor the second time.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Options

I'd done the whole thing less than a year before, so I really didn't feel like I needed to do it all again.  And I didn't have time, either!

One of the first things DH said when he found out we were expecting #2 was "We don't have to do all the classes again, do we?"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't take any classes or do the tour with #2.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We will not be doing classes.  Most were not even helpful the first time around
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With DD I did the hospital tour and the birthing class.  With this pregnancy I will do the hospital tour (delivering at a different hosptial) and the breastfeeding class because I didn't do it with DD and had a few issues.
  • Options
    We didn't do anything this time.  With DS#1, we took a class and thought it was helpful.
  • Options

We have moved since we had DD1, so we will do a hospital tour with this one, but that's it. It was really helpful to me to know ahead of time where everything was and what the surroundings would be when I was in labor.

• Options
    No, I'm not doing any classes this time!
  • Options

Since it had only been 16 months since the last one we didn't retake any of the classes.

• Options
    I did not take any classes with either #1 or #2. I had signed up for classes with DS(#1) but he was preemie so we missed the classes. I didn't do classes with DD either because I didn't think it was necessary. I did do a hospital tour with DD though because we moved and I was delivering at a different hospital.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"