Baby Names

Girl's Name: Aryn?

Good substitute for Erin, which sounds good with our last name or too made up and will probably be pronounced like Erin anyways?

Re: Girl's Name: Aryn?

• To me it's just a really bad way of spelling Erin.  Don't fix something that isn't broken.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it reminds me of the aryan race and hitler
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think there is much of a difference in the e and a sound there. Also, add an a and you've got aryan :I
  • Yeah I was thinking it was pronounced with a hard "R" and not "air" as when spelled with an "e".
  • imageleah1615:
    it reminds me of the aryan race and hitler

This.  Not good.  I like Erin, it's a lovely name.

• imageleah1615:

Yikes! Not what I thought of at all.

• I agree with pp about there not being much of a difference about the pronunciation. If you like the way Erin sounds with your last name, I'd say use that!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  there is Aerin, like Aerin Lauder.
  • imageBizEB:

imageleah1615:

This.  Not good.  I like Erin, it's a lovely name.

This and I agree with another pp who said, "Why fix something that isn't broken?" Erin is perfectly fine.

• I like Erin. Aryn is not good.
  • I immediately thought of Hitler too- Erin and Aerin are pretty
  • As someone named Erin, I must say that I hate it.  It looks made up and like you're trying really hard to be creative.  The classic spelling looks so much better!  Sure, it might be pronounced correctly, but it looks stupid.
  • I thought it looked like Taryn but you forgot the T
  • Thanks for the feedback, probably won't be using either. We've still got plenty of time to decide on names.  Smile

• image*Scuzzlebutt*:
    As someone named Erin, I must say that I hate it.  It looks made up and like you're trying really hard to be creative.  The classic spelling looks so much better!  Sure, it might be pronounced correctly, but it looks stupid.

Erin, Love your daughter's name by the way! No disrespect to the name Erin, whatsoever.  Aryn is the name of an author I came across the other day and was just pondering it.

• I immediately thought Aryan, too. And I'm not really sure I would pronounce Aryn any differently then Erin, but maybe I am missing something.
  • imagebrettsbabymama:

image*Scuzzlebutt*:
    As someone named Erin, I must say that I hate it.  It looks made up and like you're trying really hard to be creative.  The classic spelling looks so much better!  Sure, it might be pronounced correctly, but it looks stupid.

Erin, Love your daughter's name by the way! No disrespect to the name Erin, whatsoever.  Aryn is the name of an author I came across the other day and was just pondering it.

I wasn't offended at all, don't worry! :)  Thanks for the compliments on my daughter's name.  It took us a long time to figure out what to name her!  lol

• Agree that it a.) Looks like Aryan, and b.) Looks really made up and crappy.
  • I think it might get mistaken for a misspelling of Aryan, as in the master race of caucasian blue-eyed blondes that Hitler had in mind.
  • BFF's 10 year old is named Erynn. I still prefer Erin.

(Backstory: She was 17 at the time, babydaddy wanted the kids initials to be E.L.F. and it was between Erynn Leigh and Emerald Leigh...I think she chose wisely)

• I think it looks like you're making up a name :( I prefer Erin.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • imagemr&mrswelch:
     there is Aerin, like Aerin Lauder.

This is the first thing I thought of.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSassyRedhead:
    To me it's just a really bad way of spelling Erin.  Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Ditto

• No
  • imagebrettsbabymama:
    Yeah I was thinking it was pronounced with a hard "R" and not "air" as when spelled with an "e".

Yeah, me too.  I was pronouncing it R-yn 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSassyRedhead:
    To me it's just a really bad way of spelling Erin.  Don't fix something that isn't broken.

this!

• just spell it erin. 
  • imageleah1615:

Yep. Yikes! 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imageSassyRedhead:

This 100%

• imageheather318:

imageSassyRedhead:

This 100%

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imageSassyRedhead:

I disagree with this and all the other posts stating or implying that it's the same name as Erin. To me, they are totally different names, just like Erin and Aaron. I am from NY, and here the name Erin is pronounced "eh-rin." When I see Aryn, I would pronounce it like Aaron: "air-in." If you're going for the "air-in" pronunciation, I don't think it's a bad choice. If you want the "eh-rin" pronounciation, I would pick Erin (or Eryn if you like the y).

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Spell it Erin or Erinn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"