Pregnant after a Loss
Options

DH said "yes, if...."

I'm tentatively VERY excited....if the IRS cooperates. 

I showed DH my comparison between the JCP and the BRU cribs & dresser/changer combos.  Although the JCP pieces are more expensive, the 40% off code helps, A LOT.  Unfortunately, the dresser/changer combo cannot be shipped to the store; it has to come straight here.  That shipping charge is hard to swallow ($184!)  But with ALL that, the combination of crib/dresser/changer is $50ish less than the BRU set that we picked on Friday (which is made of pine -- JCP set is hardwood).  

I picked the Monterey crib in butternut.  Thanks to abartane for the coupon code.  I didn't realize it was a full 40% off! 

Now, the only caveat is that DH says I can't buy it until the tax refund gets here.  We filed on February 11 (e-file) so it should be any day now.  The coupon code expires on 3/12/10.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH said "yes, if...."

• Options

Ekkk!  Hopefully it comes soon.  I'm guessing Friday - that's usually when they do their deposits.

Happy shopping!

• Options

Good luck! We will have the same crib!

I told DH about the coupon code and he doesn't want to do it - says it is bad karma since we already ordered :( Oh well, FIL gave us half of the money for the furniture so that helps.

My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No bad karma...not good.  My parents are helping with other things, not the crib.  Despite the fact that Baby Bargains says (and I agree) that you should not buy a used or old crib, my mom thinks using the crib that I was in (in 1979) is a good idea.  I've told her, "no," so she says that since I could have had a crib for free, she won't help purchase a new one.  Oh well. 

As for DH's mom, she still doesn't know that we're pregnant.  She has dementia, and doesn't remember who DH is on most days.  Sad

• Options
    imagepapetvet:

No bad karma...not good.  My parents are helping with other things, not the crib.  Despite the fact that Baby Bargains says (and I agree) that you should not buy a used or old crib, my mom thinks using the crib that I was in (in 1979) is a good idea.  I've told her, "no," so she says that since I could have had a crib for free, she won't help purchase a new one.  Oh well. 

As for DH's mom, she still doesn't know that we're pregnant.  She has dementia, and doesn't remember who DH is on most days.  Sad

Oh boy, you definitely can't use that crib! I'm sorry about your MIL - that's sad :( FIL is buying our crib because he said it is what MIL would have wanted (she passed a few years ago). I think it's so sweet, but it would be nice to hear that it is what he wants too! Long story there...

My fingers crossed your check comes in time! eek, we haven't even filed yet! Have to get our stuff to our accountant!!

My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Options
    ::tentatively does a happy dance for papetvet::
    In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • Options
    I hope you get that check sooooon!!! :)
    BFP #1 - 10/20/09 EDD 07/01/10 M/C @ 8 weeks
    BFP #2 - 2/27/10 EDD 11/9/10 Born 11/3/10
    BFP #3 - 8/1/13 EDD 4/13/14 :)<3

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hope that check comes soon!  Sorry that your parents are being unreasonable . . . I guess that's parents for you.  (And I'm sorry about your husbands mother :(  That must be pretty hard for him.)
  • Options

imagesinisterkat01:
    Hope that check comes soon!  Sorry that your parents are being unreasonable . . . I guess that's parents for you.  (And I'm sorry about your husbands mother :(  That must be pretty hard for him.)

It's my mom really.... my dad probably doesn't even know she said that to me.  Oh well.  I'll take the help they'll provide for other stuff.  We have a budget for baby, and the furniture falls within it, so we're okay.

As for DH, he's gotten used to it now...but I think he thinks about what his relationship with her could have been, and yes, it is difficult. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"