Baby Names

AWFUL name!!!

I met someone today named Mary - ugh!!!! Who would use that name??? Poor kid!!! It only has one y too - they could have at least spelled it Mayryie or something so it wasn't so awful.
"I

Re: AWFUL name!!!

• The way things are going this could come into fruition in about 10-20 years.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • My bff named her son William. Poor thing. He'll be horribly teased his entire life.
  • Loading the player...
  • It was a boy right?
  • imagefeffy11:
    what's wrong with it? is it too boring in your opinion?

They are being sarcastic because they hate weird spellings. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemagsugar13:
    It was a boy right?

I hope so! Or else it means the parents just want women to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen while the man brings home the bacon! 

• I hope the middle name was Robert....it goes well with Maryee
  • If it is a boys name, you have to spell it Maree because everyone knows a Y makes it a girls name.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imagekrissyh21:
    If it is a boys name, you have to spell it Maree because everyone knows a Y makes it a girls name.

But my boy will be tough enough to handle being called maryee with a y.

• Way too cutesy and doesn't age well. I have no idea why anyone would like the name. It will sound so dated in 10-20 years! HORRIBLE name. I agree the spelling is atrocious. 
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    Don't forget to pronounce it May-rEE
    imageimage
  • imagetalltalltrees:
    I met someone today named Mary - ugh!!!! Who would use that name??? Poor kid!!! It only has one y too - they could have at least spelled it Mayryie or something so it wasn't so awful.

Lol I am a little slow this morning.  It took me a couple minutes to figure out that you were being sarcastic. 

• my sister's name is mary [her first and middle names are after a family friend who's a nun] and she complains about how common and plain it is and how it means 'sea of bitterness' or something. i keep reminding her that she's one of the few kids at her school with an actual name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"