Parenting after a Loss
Options

Sterilizing Pump Tubing = HUGE fail

Damnit! I was trying to be proactive before work tomorrow so I am making all the bottles with my fresh milk and sterilizing everything so I thought "hey lets sterilize the tubing" - well I thought I followed the directions for the Medela microwave bags...BUT

out they came all melted and deformed :(

Well when my mom gets here in 1 hour I will be heading to Wal-Mart or Target to get some new tubing.

That's what I get for getting too OCD about being prepared for my first day at work.

UGH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sterilizing Pump Tubing = HUGE fail

• Options
    Awww, what a bummer.  I am so sorry!  At least you are going to be able to get out and get some new tubing.
    EDD: 01/08/10, Born 8 weeks early on 11/16/09 at 32w3d due to pre-eclampsia and partial abruption
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Our Family Blog
  • Options

imagestephaniedeanne:
    Awww, what a bummer.  I am so sorry!  At least you are going to be able to get out and get some new tubing.

I hope I can find some! If not, I tried the tubing that is all funky and it still works so if worse comes to worse, I can order some and just use this until it comes. OH the whoas!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh that does suck! do you have an avent bottle steamer? I just sterilize mine in that and it works great. I tried the Medela steam bags but found them to be a pain in the butt compared to the easy bottle steamer. I hope you can find some tubing!
  • Options

imagepollykinz:
    oh that does suck! do you have an avent bottle steamer? I just sterilize mine in that and it works great. I tried the Medela steam bags but found them to be a pain in the butt compared to the easy bottle steamer. I hope you can find some tubing!

I actually found some tubing that went with the hospital medela pump and it works! Do you use that  avent bottle steamer with other bottles like medela??

• Options
    yep, I use it for my Dr. Brown's bottles - any can go in there. it's so easy and quick, I love it. although I guess I don't need to keep sterilizing my bottles for much longer, but for some reason it makes me feel better to do it. and it's great for all the pump parts so I'll definitely use it for those until I stop pumping.
  • Options
    My LC told me that it is not really needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"