Health & Exercise

Going to have a c/s next week. Workout tips??

Hi all. My babies are coming next week at 34 weeks. I have done a really good job maintaining my weight gain. I am 5'7" and i weight 145-150 pre-pregnancy and I looked awesome.

I'm so eager (probably too eager for my own good) to get back down to my PP weight. I've gained 50lbs with these two, and I know a lot of it will come off in the hospital and with BFing.

But I was wondering if any of you ladies that had a c/s had any good routines or exercises that won't be so painful once I get back into the groove.

Re: Going to have a c/s next week. Workout tips??

• Honey it will just fall off, trust me you are going to be so busy that you will not have time to worry about exercising. however things I did with my lo's were instead of sitting in a chair and rocking them I would stand and do lunges with them, they got the movement and I got exercise.

Also when you can get back into the gym you may want to find a good core routine, pilates is awesome as well as yoga. 

DO NOT RUSH THINGS you can make it worse and harder on your recovery. But do get out of bed by yourself as soon as you can. Take it in baby steps. While I understand your desire to get back in shape you do not want to cause more damage to yourself by doing too much to soon and putting yourself at risk when those LO's are going to need you more than anything once they are here.

So for the beginning I would just take care of myself,  Get out of bed as soon as you wake up, as soon as they will let you and move around as much as possible. The sooner you move the better off you will be and the sooner you will be back to normal. I would suggust that in your hospital bag you pack a travel pillow. Reason being you are going to feel as if your insides are going to fall out, use the pillow to apply pressure and for support on your stomach when you are getting in and out of bed, sitting up etc.

• Breastfeed. Drink lots of water. Go for long walks with the stroller. But most importantly, take your time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my c-section 6 weeks ago and have felt amazing, amazing enough that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy routine, just toned down.  That is, I run less and not as fast as before (have to build up the endurance and speed), use lighter weights, etc.  I gained 42lbs. during my pregnancy and lost 34lbs. without even trying during the first 2-3 weeks.  Now I have a stubborn 7-8lbs. to lose that I'm going to have to really work at.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"