Baby Names
Options

which do you prefer?

We are trying to decide between a few names:

Elizabeth Blakely (Blakely is a family name)

Madeline Alexis or Madeline Grace

Eva Elizabeth

And Matilda is on the table but we can't seem to choose a middle name that flows with it, but I really like it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: which do you prefer?

• Options

I adore Matilda.  It doesn't go at all with my last name but it would be at the top of my list otherwise.  I love Tillie as a nickname too.

I like Eva alot.  Madeline is a bit popular for my liking.  Can't go wrong with Elizabeth- a beautiful, classic, feminine name.

• Options
    Matilda Elizabeth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Elizabeth, but with Grace. Matilda is cute too, but I like Elizabeth a lot more.
  • Options
    I love elizabeth blakely.  Elizabeth is beautiful and classic and it's paired with a unique middle name that has family significance.  The perfect combo IMO.  the other names are too trendy/kind of blah. 
  • Options

I LOVE Matilda, but can't get dh on board with it. :(  What about         Matilda Jane, Matilda Claire, or Matilda Elyse? I also think Grace would go well with it!

I also think Eva Elizabeth and Madeline Grace are beautiful names!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Elizabeth Blakely (Blakely is a family name) Yes

Madeline Alexis Yes  or Madeline Grace No

Eva Elizabeth No

And Matilda is on the table Yes

What's wrong with Matilda Blakely? I love it! And like a PP, I think the nn Tillie is great. I have an aunt Tillie!

ETA: Matilda Grace is lovely as well. Maybe prettier than Matilda Blakely, but I like that Blakely is a family name. (Plus I teach a girl named Blakely, and she is awesome lol!)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

I do not like Matilda.

I love Elizabeth Blakely - I'm a big "elizabeth" fan and like the family name added.

I also love Eva Elizabeth.

I can take or leave Madeline.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ohh Matilda!  I like it because no one else has it.  Maybe use a middle name of yours? Mom's? MIL's?
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    imageorienae:

We are trying to decide between a few names:

Elizabeth Blakely (Blakely is a family name)

Madeline Alexis or Madeline Grace

Eva Elizabeth

And Matilda is on the table but we can't seem to choose a middle name that flows with it, but I really like it.

I love Eva Elizabeth, or you could use Eva Blakely. I like Blakely anyway but I'd try to use it since it's a family name. Or Eva Madeline.

Elizabeth as a first name is a bit boring for me. Madeline is way too popular and I'm not a fan of Matilda in the least.

• Options
    Elizabeth Blakely
  • Options
    I like Elizabeth Blakely the best.  Eva and Madeline are pretty too.  Madeline is just too popular right now for me.
  • Options
    I love Elizabeth
  • Options
    Elizabeth Blakely is beautiful!
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

Elizabeth Blakely (Blakely is a family name) Yes

Madeline Alexis Yes  or Madeline Grace No

Eva Elizabeth No

And Matilda is on the table Yes

What's wrong with Matilda Blakely? I love it! And like a PP, I think the nn Tillie is great. I have an aunt Tillie!

ETA: Matilda Grace is lovely as well. Maybe prettier than Matilda Blakely, but I like that Blakely is a family name. (Plus I teach a girl named Blakely, and she is awesome lol!)

I agree with all of this except Madeline Alexis.  I have to give that a No.

• Options

All very nice names.  I like Eva the most.

Love Madeline, but not with the mn Alexis.

Elizabeth Blakely sounds great too.  Love the combo.

Not a fan at all of the name Matilda. 

• Options
    Elizabeth Blakely sounds nice together
  • Options
    Of your list, I prefer Elizabeth Blakely. Matilda is NMS but I think Matilda Blakely sounds great. And if you go with Madeline, please do not use Grace. So overdone.

• Options

I think that Madeline is a little too popular right now.  I know three babies named Madeline.

I love Elizabeth Blakely.  Very classic.

I really like Matilda too.  And thumbs up on Tillie.  So cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. Eva Elizabeth
    2. Elizabeth Blakely

• Options
    I like Madeline Grace and Eva Elizabeth. Matilda is okay too. I've always been undecided on that name. It is cute, but I just don't think I would ever actually use it, if that makes sense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options

I really like Elizabath Blakely. I think Madeline and Eva are too over-used.

My DD is Matilda and though I am no longer encouraging people to use it because I have concerns about it becoming too popular (too popular to me is in the top 300 which it is currently nowhere near) I will give you my MN ideas anyways. My DD is Matilda Johanna, but that is because Johanna is a family name. If I could chose any middle name, I would have gone with Matilda Jane or Matilda Louise.

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    Madeline Grace!!!!!!! LOVE it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"