Georgia Babies

For those who sew

I saw a post on here recently about sewing and this new sewing shop just opened up in my neighborhood and I thought I would share for those of you looking to learn, for help, for others to sew with, etc.  I haven't been so I can't really vouch for it yet, but I thought it sounded awesome and I plan to go soon.

NOW OPEN IN KIRKWOOD
The Sewing Room
a neighborhood nook for sewing and socializing

Learn to Hem Workshop:  Hemming your own pants is easy and it saves you time and money.  Imagine- no more trips to the tailors!  Join us on February 20th 2pm-5pm and learn the secrets of hemming.  Cost: $25+ $5 non-refundable registration fee. Basic sewing skills helpful but not required. Please bring sewing machine, scissors, thread and a pair of pants to hem
Email Lauren at couturiette@gmail.com to register

Learn to Sew Workshop: Dust off that sewing machine and join us to learn the basics of sewing! March 13th 10am-2pm Cost: $35 + $5 non-refundable registration fee.  Please bring a sewing machine, scissors, thread, straight pins, fabric and a pattern (specific information about fabric and pattern will be provided upon registration)
Email Lauren at couturiette@gmail.com to register

Stop by Saturdays:
Stop by The Sewing Room when you want, for as long as you want every other Saturday starting in February.  Bring a project and receive expert advice while socializing with your neighbors. Cost: $5/hour, February 13th and 27th 10am-5pm
Email Lauren at couturiette@gmail.com to register.  If you do not have a sewing machine, please specify this in your email to reserve time on The Sewing Room sewing machine.

Please email Lauren at couturiette@gmail.com with all inquiries and to register for workshops.  I look forward to sewing with you!

Conveniently located off of Howard Street, walking distance from Kirkwood Village, The Sewing Room offers private instruction, workshops, alterations, custom clothing and hosts social gatherings and community projects

Re: For those who sew

• I look forward to hearing about it!  I'd love to go to the "Learn to Sew" one, but can't do it that date.  (Yes, I own a sewing machine and am afraid of it)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• that sounds great - i am terrified of my machine too...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Cool, thanks!  Where is Kirkwood?  I live in Lawrenceville/Lilburn so I'm thinking it may be sorta far for me.
  • my mom taught me to use my sewing machine when I was preggo.....I love sewing now! It is so much fun to make something out of nothing!

BTW...I'm willing to help y'all learn if you want....i have a singer.

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"