Attachment Parenting

SSC question

I know this is kind of the "go to" place for sling/carrier/wrap questions, so I hope you don't mind indulging in one more for my sake. :)

We will be traveling for the first time with DD at the end of March - so she'll be almost 5 months by then. It's two different flights out to the Midwest. Obviously we'll be bringing her seat and stroller, but I wondered which carrier might suit our needs best. I want to be able to get her in and out easily and for her to be comfortable enough to sleep in it.

We currently have a K'tan and it's okay... but I was thinking about investing in a SSC. Babyhawk and Ergo seem to be popular choices. I was thinking a Moby type would be too much work, and a sling wouldn't give enough support. Any input? 

BFP #1: 7-26-08, natural m/c 6w4d; BFP #2: 12-6-08, natural m/c 6w5d
BFP #3: 2-26-09; DD born 10/30/09; 7lb3oz, 20.5in!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
BFP= #4: 9-8-13, hcg @ 14dpo: 507, 17dpo: 1731, doubling: 39 hours
Found a strong hb @ 5w6d; Measuring 4 days ahead, hb of 168 @ 8w4d!
So excited for Baby Sister! EDD: 5/24/14
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: SSC question

• I HIGHLY recommend the beco! It's fantastic! (I've never tried the ergo, but I think it is similar to the beco).  It's easy on, easy to just unbuckle the front and pop him out and you can pop him right back in without having to unbuckle and re-buckle everything.

The babyhawk is actually not a SSC, it's a mei tai.  I think a mei tai would be slightly annoying because it involves tying (easier than a moby, but harder than a beco). 

• imageleah1615:

I HIGHLY recommend the beco! It's fantastic! (I've never tried the ergo, but I think it is similar to the beco).  It's easy on, easy to just unbuckle the front and pop him out and you can pop him right back in without having to unbuckle and re-buckle everything.

The babyhawk is actually not a SSC, it's a mei tai.  I think a mei tai would be slightly annoying because it involves tying (easier than a moby, but harder than a beco). 

This exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"