Alabama Babies
Options

Body aches

For the past week or so, my hips and lower back feel like someone has beaten me.  My doctor didn't seem concerned at my appointment this week, and I'm almost positive it's job related.  I'm up, down, under, and on top of desks all day working on PCs. 

For some reason, I thought the achiness would come later in pregnancy.  Did anyone else have it this early?

I do have a massage scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll get some relief then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: Body aches

• Options
    I had similar achiness around that time myself. I was told it was my hips beginning to stretch. I hope you get to feeling better. Extra Stregnth Tylonol really helped me.
  • Options
    I had similar achiness at that time too.  I remember my back would be hurting so bad that I literally had to lay down sometimes.  I couldn't stand for long periods of time or sit either.  It's gotten a lot better now though.  Like PP stated, extra strength tylenol helped out a little for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto pp. i think it's part of the joys of pg. i got a lot of back pain (it would shift from place to place). it def hasn't been *too* bad - more of a nuisance than anything. i hear that staying active helps with that. i've maintained my reg pre-pg gym routine plus added taking a water aerobics class (and i've heard getting in the water is great during pg), so i think (at least i hope) that that has worked to my advantage. hope you feel better! btw, i can't believe you are already 17 wks. it seems like just yesterday you posted that you were pg. :)
  • Options
    I had the same thing early on - hips and pelvis stretching/spreading.  It was awful, but went away after a couple of weeks.  I never took meds for it, but did see my chiropractor b/c it also affected other areas on my back.  It'll pass soon. A heating pad will help too.  Feel better soon!
  • Options
    Im along with everyone else. I had and still have the same achiness and pain. Extra strength tylenol does seem to provide a little releif though. Watch those PCs too!
  • Options
    I'm not pregnant and haven't ever made it as far as you, but I do have awful hip pain if I stay in one place overnight (and I rarely turn over).  One of my friends recommended getting a snoogle pillow and it made a world of difference. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"