Eco-Friendly Family

considering CD, but how?

Okay, my mom CD'd me back in the 80's, but the rest of her babies she used regular diapers, so I have no experience and haven't seen them used by anyone I know.

I want to try them or something along those lines (considering little g diapers with the cloth inserts) once LO gets here, but here's my big question: what do you do with the siled diapers? I have seen you can get the spray attaachment for the toilet but then what? Do you put them in a bucket of solution before you wash them in the machine? do you let them air dry somewhere before you wash them (yuck!!).

I really want to get away from regular diapers and have told everyone not to get them for us, but i feel a little lost.

TIA for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: considering CD, but how?

• If you exclusively BF, the poop is water soluable, so you don't even have to put it in the toilet first. The diapers just go right in the washer. (well, into a bin until you are ready to wash...and then they all just go into the wash)

Once you add solids, you scrap into the toilet, then just wash.

• definately check out the EFF blog (ecofriendlyfamily.blogspot.com)

We use a rubbermaid trash can with a swing top lid ($8 at Target) along with a Planetwise pail liner (basically a washable garbage bag you toss in the washer with all of your dirty diaper laundry). I wash every 2-3 days (I use Crunchy Clean or Rockin Green detergent) - cold rinse, hot wash, extra rinse. I dry my inserts/prefolds in the dryer and hang all of my pockets/covers (in the sun if possible to keep them stain free). It is so incredibly easy and fun to CD.

• Loading the player...
  • thanks so much!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found this website to be really helpful:

https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/basics.htm

Also, a lot of CD websites have good info.  I've looked through these:

www.diaperjunction.com

www.nickisdiapers.com

www.jilliansdrawers.com

I think all of these sites have trial packages that you can order, and return if you don't like them (I know Jillian's Drawers will refund all but $10 of your money - not as store credit.)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"