Breastfeeding

AW my 6 week old

He spent 3 weeks in the NICU where they started feeding him pumped bm by tube at 2 weeks, let him start eating pumped bm by bottle by at 2 weeks, and came home at 3 weeks.  We started bf'ing recreationally at 4 weeks, he played, latched, played.  I got really sore, so we took an entire week off.  Came back this week at 6 weeks, and he latches and nurses like a FREAKIN' CHAMP!

I really think it had to do with keeping it stress free and recreational at first.  There was no pressure, so we weren't getting frustrated or angry.  So, GL to all the moms who want to, but just aren't there yet, and thanks to all the ladies who answered questions and pointed me to online resources that were invaluable. 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: AW my 6 week old

• Congratulations!! That's a great story. 
  • Congrats! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well despite a rough start!
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome story!  I hope you get to tell it over and over!! The world needs more of these sorts of stories "out there" circulating around.  So glad to hear you guys got over your hurdle and did it in a relaxed stress free way- I think that says a lot about your personality and what kind of a mom you are!
  • As a NICU nurse, I know how hard it can be to establish a breastfeeding routine and keep up your supply. Wonderful job, you go mamma!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"